Airbase Hmeimim

Hello.
I planned to fly to Hmeimim airport again. Now I saw it’s removed. What’s the reason?

Thanks and greets,

Acharon

2 Likes

Whats the ICAO of this airport?

I have done a short google search and seems that this airport does not have an ICAO code. Airports without ICAO codes are not allowed to be in IF.

1 Like

Oh right that explains it then - I couldn’t find it on LiveFlight…

1 Like

Also - I don’t know how you’ve flown to it before - because its never been in Infinite Flight due to its absence of an ICAO code.

Really? I’ve seen airports without ICAO codes have substituted for their FAA LID or just their IATA code. Alaska has plenty of examples of that, just see how many 3 letter coded airport there are.

1 Like

Its not in IF - that’s just fact - and it never has.

It doesn’t have any airport identifier whatsoever (No IATA, no ICAO, no FAA LID) so what would you use?

1 Like

I’ve always wondered where to report missing airports that are still open and operating.

1 Like

Thanks for your answers.
It was in for shure since IF is the only flysim i have:-)
I guess that’s caused in the US embargo that Hmeimim lost the code. Unpleasent.

Thanks again for your answers.

Greets,
Acharon

1 Like

You can make airports by joining the IFAET team, and topics can potentially catch the eye of an editor who will pass it on to others. We don’t take suggestions, however we do take notes and use them in our Slack/Github.

Dunno if you’ve ever seen me in the IFAET before because I am in there. xD

2 Likes

I know 😂.

It was more aimed at the general community, because just why not kind of advertise helping IF 😂

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.