Air-to-Air LAX Spotting 6/29/18

Awesome! Well done! I love these pictures, hopefully I can get some of my own soon!

1 Like

Thanks dude! When you come over here let me know I’ll see if we can spot together again before or after you go up!

2 Likes

I have a new goal in life…

2 Likes

Incredible. Never seen anything like this before!

1 Like

You caught VH-OEI!!! I flew it from La to Brisbane!

3 Likes

Beautiful shots! dont know how much freedom you have there, but would be awesome to get them just as they are going over the beach west of the airport, talk about some amazing beach shots you could get

2 Likes

Incredible shots! I want to do it to but I kinda have no chance to do it :/… maybe later though :)

1 Like

Great shots! Making me jealous, as I want to go to LAX, let alone in a Heli!

2 Likes

Yeah that would’ve been awesome. Unfortunately you are only allowed in 2 spots - above the terminal area and above the cargo area, neither of which are very close. I have seen shots like that, but I don’t have a long enough lens to get it. Maybe another time haha

1 Like

Woah those are some nice shots

1 Like

OMG THAT IS AMAZING! If I ever come to LAX I’m definetly doing that!

1 Like

Yeah it’s top of anyone’s LAX bucket list for sure!

1 Like

These shots are incredible, well done!

1 Like

Incredible shots! Couple questions for you:

1. What’s your gear?
  2. What settings to you typically use?
  3. When am I gonna see these on JetPhotos?
2 Likes

Those are amaaaaaaazing

1 Like

Mmmm yum yum In-N-Out airplane burger

1 Like

Thanks haha. Nikon D5500 70-300mm Nikkor lens. I generally shoot in auto as I feel like the camera can do a better job than I can and usually I shoot with ISO 100. Due to the helicopter movement, I shot these in ISO320, with shutter speeds averaging 1/1600-1/2500. I only got two on JetPhotos (I’m not master lol), those two being Qantas and Hong Kong. Others were rejected for mainly for contrast, with a couple for overexposure or softness. I don’t give photos a second try very often because someone generally uploads a more recent one before I do.

1 Like

The best photos I have ever seen on the community, keep it up.

1 Like

Really appreciate it thanks!

1 Like

You are a true master of photography. Well Done! These have to be the best #real-world-aviation:spotting photos on this community. 10/10

2 Likes