Air-to-Air LAX Spotting 6/29/18

A few days ago, I went up in a helicopter over LAX to do some spotting for the first time. It was an amazing experience, and ATC let us in low at 1500ft (1000ft lower than they are allowed most of the time). I had a ton of fun and took some pictures I am really satisfied, despite there being large patches of cloud cover. Here are just a few of my favorites from that hour in the air:

Qantas%20TaxiACA%20RotateBA%20Touchdown

127 Likes

These shots are unbelievable. Keep them coming!!

25 Likes

Ooo i like these overview shots, looks really cool to see some of them (VA 787, BAW A380) fly on approach above the City Skyline ๐Ÿคฉ

6 Likes

How do get those photos ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

2 Likes

There is a company that offers helicopter flights over the airport solely for planespotting. The pilot I had knew for the most part what planes I wanted to see, and he tried to get me the ones he didnโ€™t know. I would definitely recommend it if you ever get the chance!

5 Likes

can you provide the company info?

2 Likes

Star Helicopters. They also do flight training and tours of LA if you are interested in other things as well. www.star-helicopters.com

4 Likes

Amazing shots!!! They are edited perfectly! ๐Ÿ‘Œ

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Really appreciate the feedback!

2 Likes

Such amazing angles! These shots offer a different and unique perspective of plane spotting. Well done! ๐Ÿ™‚

5 Likes

Those are professional level shots! Great job!

3 Likes

Thank you! I try my best haha

2 Likes

Those are AMAZING. What is your camera setup?

2 Likes

I love those shots! I am hoping to also go up in a helo at LAX soon.

2 Likes

Same as the other thread ๐Ÿ˜‚ Nikon D5500 Nikkor 70-300mm

4 Likes

Really appreciate it! Hopefully you get even better shots than me ๐Ÿ˜…

1 Like

Thanks but I donโ€™t know if I will. The bar you set is really high :)

2 Likes

Also I do have many good shots but I canโ€™t yet post in real-world aviation because I am still new to this website.

1 Like

Forgot I asked. XD Thanks anyway!

1 Like

Well I canโ€™t wait to see them when you get the higher TL haha