For those that don’t know, Air Premia is a startup airline based in Seoul Incheon (ICN)
Air Premia today announced the Korean startup airline plans to buy five 787-9 Dreamliner airplanes, following an agreement to lease three 787-9 jets from Air Lease Corporation earlier this year. Air Premia, which plans to launch operations in 2020 is poised to become South Korea’s second Dreamliner operator.
- Earlier this year, the airline announced a lease from Air Lease Corporation (ALC) for three 787-9s.
- The airline is set to operate only one aircraft type which seems to be the 787-9.
- The airline expects to offer (only?) Premium Economy and Economy class.
- From samchui.com, Premium Economy and Economy will see a seat pitch of 42″ and 35″ respectively which is very spacious.
- Operations are planned to launch in September 2020 with regional routes.
- Air Premia expects to expand its network to Los Angeles and San Jose in 2021.
Apparently these destinations were announced months ago?.. Although, the commitment for the five 787-9s is new. It’s nice to see another long-haul carrier plan entry in the Seoul market. (RIP Asiana)