Air NZ's new safety video!

It’s Kiwi Safety!

Air New Zealand’s newest safety video called “It’s Kiwi Safety”! Air NZ has always been known for their fun and humorous safety videos, so here comes another one!

Now, one concern I’ve had from a few people are with this fun take on a safety video, could it hinder the amount of safety instructions passengers understand from the video. In my honest opinion, I would say no. It isn’t that difficult to take in that kind of video as lyrics and actions are clearly shown.

Also, making these types of videos comes with an advantage. Most passengers never end up watching the safety video (especially the regular generic ones) but I feel these unique and fun ones will encourage people to actually watch the video before departure.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Yuvraj

23 Likes

I think exactly like you, everytime i’m on an airplane everyone just sits and talk or using their devices! And if a flight crew says anything the passenger gets angry. /Mika

1 Like

It’s something I’d watch on a plane. IF I were a passenger that didn’t care I’d watch this.

3 Likes

IMHO I feel that this one is a bit over the top. I’ve kinda preferred the previous safety videos, but it might be because I just don’t like cheesiness and I can partly understand the New Zealand accent

3 Likes

I mean, I know the safety procedures for most planes, but there are plenty who don’t. What if they can’t understand what they’re saying or how to do something like using the oxygen mask? I personally don’t think this video provides those really important information in a professional way like a safety video should do. We all know the statistics stating how many people could survive accidents when they know how to open their belt or how to brace properly. I think it‘s a little too much entertainment rather than clear instructions here.

Also keep in mind that many passengers don’t speak English as their mother tongue, a rapped song with a New Zealand accent won’t help out at this point.

I love ANZ safety videos! Funny, but informational.

1 Like

Good to hear two sides, some say it isn’t as informational as it should be, others love it.

1 Like

It is really enjoyable. Way better than the old one.

1 Like

It honestly looks more like a clothing commercial than a safety video

4 Likes

Nooo why did you share this cringe to the world 😂. Sure this is harsh but imagine being a commuter or flight attendant listening to this every day.

3 Likes

Imagine how awkward it would be for flight attendants when they give the visual demonstration such as putting on the life vest or oxygen mask 😂😂

1 Like

My school dance crew was apart of this music video. Personally I don’t like it as international passengers won’t get the message

4 Likes

As someone who often flies with Air NZ, all the safety videos become really boring & just seem over the top & quite cheesey

Sit down, buckle up, X rows of seats to the exit & life vests under the seat, got it. Dont need a 4 min safety video to tell me that :o :p

1 Like

I think is better the old one, because for one that don’t know a lot of English, this might be more difficult, and the other was easier.

Ahhhhh, the cringe is over flowing in this new NZ Safety Video on my opinion 😂

3 Likes

The cringe was at life threatening levels off the charts my cringe radar exploded.

2 Likes

Yeah reminds me of the men and black one got sick of it after a few flights.

2 Likes

Especially Julian Dennison’s mulet 🤮🤮🤮, bring back the Ricky Baker hairstyle

2 Likes

Guy dances for NZ air, dresses up in an ASIANA colored coat!

1 Like

NEWS

This safety is now being cancelled and will no longer be used on Air NZ flights. What are your thoughts on that?