Air Niugini Boeing 787-8

Air Niugini is the national airline of Papau New Guinea (map here), based in Port Moresby Airport since 1973. The airline operates to 39 destinations including Hong Kong, Shanghai, Denpasar (Bali), Tokyo, Manila, Singapore, Brisbane, Cairns, Sydney, Townsville, Nadi, Honiara, Port Vila and on many other domestic routes. Air Niugini has previously flown to Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Auckland, Cebu and Honolulu.
imageimage

Air Niugini’s fleet consists of the following aircraft:

• Boeing 737-700
  • Boeing 737-800
  • Boeing 737MAX-8 (delivery 2020)
  • Boeing 767-300ER
  • Boeing 787-8 (due 2017)
  • Fokker 70
  • Fokker 100
  • Dash 8-200 (operated by subsidiary PNG Link)
  • Dash 8-300 (operated by subsidiary PNG Link)
  • Dash 8-Q400

This totals to 29 aircraft. Click here to see ANG aircraft currently in the air on Flightradar.

Air Niugini has previously operated the Airbus A300, A310, Avro RJ70 (older version of the BAe 146), BAe 146, ATR 42, Boeing 707, Boeing 720, Boeing 737-200, Embraer E145, Embraer E190, Boeing 757, Dash 7 (DHC-7), Dash 8-100, Dash 8-400, Dassault Falcon 900, Douglas DC-3, Fokker F27 and F28.

The airline has not lost any passengers due to an accident in its 43 years of operation. Three aircraft, including 2 Fokker F28s and a cargo ATR42 have been written off or were damaged beyond repair.

Air Niugini’s order for 2 Boeing 787-8s (one from Icelandair in March 2006, the other Dec 2007) are due to arrive late this year/early next year. Both aircraft will be fitted with Rolls Royce engines. This was the best photo I could find of the livery on the 787:

Credits: http://michaelbirchall.com/portfolio/air-niugini/
Please leave a vote if you’d like to see another beautiful livery on the 787 in IF. It would also be great to have an airline from Papau New Guinea. Here’s a video of an Air Niugini aircraft in action:
https://youtu.be/xcQCDNoPEuk

Great thread. I can definitly see this livery going into IF. Very well detailed explanation of what is inside the fleet. You have my vote!

2 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate your kind words and support.

2 Likes

Hey, only one picture per feature request please and I suggest to make it a really good picture of the aircraft. Just saying this so that your topic stays alive.

1 Like

I thought that was only if you have multiple pictures of the actual aircraft.

That might be the case. Now I’m starting to doubt my self. But I do reccomend getting a picture of the aircraft livery so that it is a little easier to see.

1 Like

You see, there is no picture. That was the best I could find ;)
Here is the livery on another aircraft:

Thanks for your vote @Jacob_Sim!

Could I ask this one question, why do you think we should have this livery than any other livery or any any other feature may I ask? (Because I may vote for it)

1 Like

Well, it’s just like any other requested livery. It’s a nice looking livery, it’s an airline that operates to an airport near me, their aircraft will be delivered very soon and it’s a 787… which is a pretty new aircraft and is new to Infinite Flight. So I’m sure this livery could be added considering 5 Frontier A320 liveries were added in the last update (an aircraft that was updated two years ago). There are multiple other livery requests if you have a look through the #features category:
https://community.infiniteflight.com/c/features

1 Like

Now that you have edited your comment I see what you mean. This livery has many potential routes to fly on the Air Niugini network. And it’s a great looking livery of course - and it’s on a beautiful aircraft!

I have voted! =) As I think it is a nice livery, however, there are more nice livery’s out there as well. =D

1 Like

Of course there are always other nice looking liveries out there. There are tens of thousands of aircraft in our skies after all. Thanks for your vote!

This topic should be a good example of how Feature topics are made. The Air Niugini looks excellent.

1 Like

Thanks very much for your praise, I spent quite a while creating this request. And I hope that pays off 😁

1 Like

I’ve never heard of this airline before, good thread explaining who they are. Livery looks amazing it would be nice to see the livery for the 787 included in IF!

1 Like

You’ve got my vote! The livery looks unique and the route to Hong Kong via Manila seems interesting ;)

1 Like

Thank you! Fingers crossed this gets the devs’ attention 👍

1 Like

@The_Commander I appreciate your vote as well, every single one counts. Thanks!

1 Like

@anon31652286 no probs. Glad to be of assistance!

1 Like