Air Niugini B737-800 P2-PXE

Air Niugini B737-800 P2-PXE

Background

Air Niugini Limited is the national airline of Papua New Guinea, based in Air Niugini House on the property of Jacksons International Airport. It operates a domestic network from Port Moresby to 12 major airports while the subsidiary company Link PNG operates to regional destinations. It also operates international services in Asia, Oceania, and Australia on a weekly basis. Its main base is Jacksons International Airport which is located 7 Miles from Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. Niugini is the [Tok Pisin] word for New Guinea.

For additional historical information click here.

Boeing 737-800

Air Niugini operates a single B737-800 on routes from Port Moresby to Brisbane, Sydney and several other destinations. This year they were supposed to start taking delivery of four Boeing 737 Max 8 to replace the 737NG. Due to the ongoing Max issues, delivery of these birds has been postponed until a further undetermined date.

My Thoughts

Air Niugini is a small airline with rich history, and a beautiful-simple livery. This would complement the other Pacific Island liveries already in game and would open up for more exploration of the nation of Papua New Guinea!

Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to vote!

-Javier

That’s definitely a great livery. Good request!

You know what? I really like this livery! Spared a vote - I’m your number 2!

1 Like

Interesting request! I’ve never even seen this airline before until I did some research on it now.

Yeah its quite obscure compared to the big names, but there are lots of small carriers in this part of the world-- Air Calin being another one, which hopefully their A320 or A330 can be added to the sim!

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Cheers!

Nice livery and very informative topic :)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.