Air France: What's it like to be in the a330 (economy)

So, this summer I am going to a trip to Casablanca and I have a layover in CDG. I am taking Air France a330-200 from BOS-CDG. I was wondering about how good the seats in economy are. If you had any experience on the a330 please tell me or show some pictures. Thank you.

Last time flew on a A330 was 12 years ago so i don’t remember much other than there not much leg space but that depends on the airliner. IFE might not exist depending on the airliner once again. I thought the flight went pretty smooth but space is a issue woh older aircraft.

I can’t say much more since i was only 5 years old back then but what i wrote above most likely applies to the vast number of A330s that are still in business.

Landing on other hand, hands down one the smoothest you’ll ever experience 👇

Since your flight is going to be a pretty long one, you could try to do some research on their IFE, what they offer and whatnot.

And have a safe flight 😊

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll make sure I have a safe flight.

1 Like

I last went on an Air france a330 2 years ago but luthansa a330 2 months ago, but what i have to say about air france a330 is that it does have great leg room and a good entertainment display with your own tv remote. its not really high tech but it is very good. by the way A330 does one of the smoothest landings.

safe flight

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll make sure I have a safe flight.

They use the 787-9 on that route. There is no a332 service by AFR.
Economy class review by Simply Aviation:

1 Like

Air France operate A319 and A321 on the Paris to Casablanca route i believe.

1 Like

@future-pilot I flew the same exact type of plane from Paris to New York JFK. It was a 7 Hour flight and this was 4 years ago. One thing I know is that they had landing and taxi music. Also the catering was decent. But, the leg space wasn’t great. Below average. Overall I would say it’s an average flight. IFE is nothing special. But just be careful because of the strikes. Have a back up plan if things go south

1 Like

And i wasn’t replying to you. I’m well aware of them using B789 on BOS-CDG route.

Sorry if that came a bit harsh. But AF doesn’t seem to operate 330 on niether of these two routes.

1 Like

Hello! I actually did a trip Report on a Air France A330-200 from CDG-ORD after a flight on an A318. This is that video! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J7RATOvFREI&t=1106s
Personally, the TV screen is small and had a couple issues, but the legroom isn’t that bad. It is an old cabin though but go check it out!

1 Like

@Captain_JR @Delta319

Air France uses the A330 on this route and the 777 as well.

2 Likes

They operate it some time in the summer. Go to a booking website put on BOS-CDG, July 10 w0:05 pm. You’ll see that they are going to use the a330.

Ahhh ok. gotcha.
Anyways, moving on…

Yes they do. And sometomes the a318.

1 Like

Thank you for showing them the proof.

Found it very helpful. Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you for the info. Really found it helpful!

They use the 787-9 when it gets a bit colder. Thats when everybody stops traveling.

1 Like

Oh is that so, well in that case, my apologise. Hope you found my first post informative. The A330 is a classic to fly with :)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.