Air France to allocate new Dreamliners on flights to LHR

It has been confirmed that the new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners that Air France will receive are to be placed on their route between London Heathrow and Paris CDG six-times weekly, making it one of the shortest 787 flights in the world. However, to experience this it won’t break the bank - return fares for the selected route start at £69/$85 for economy and £249/$310 for business class. These services are due to commence in early February 2017. Long haul destinations will also be served by the 787-9, although very few have been confirmed so far.

I’d love to try this in the future at some point, especially the business class!

SOURCE: http://www.airfrance.co.uk/GB/en/local/resainfovol/meilleuresoffres/Dreamliner_787.htm

11 Likes

So, no First Class?

2 Likes

No, it appears not. Having said that they could get other 787s with different configurations.

4 Likes

Maybe 788 and 789? Not sure if they have ordered both.

1 Like

Thats awesome you can fly on an awesome plane for a bit

1 Like

I most airlines with this plane have scrapped first class in favour of a two class configuration with only Economy and Business

2 Likes

The 787 will come to Geneva too

1 Like

Look at BA’s 789s…4 class config.

That’s great…do London to Geneva via CDG and do both legs in the 789. 😉😏

1 Like

I said most airlines, BA is one of the ones which i knew wanted to be different 😂

1 Like

Haha. In my opinion a 4 class config isn’t a bad idea for economy passengers because you’re not battling through 280 others passengers in the same cabin at the boarding gate to get on.

1 Like

They have 789s?

They are only operating them for crew training. They will go long haul after a few months.

Wow starting at 85 dollars!

1 Like

Yeah, still like to try it though.

1 Like

Yes. Their first one is due to be delivered in December/January I believe.

Bit of a weird decision

What plane do they currently use now on this route?

Probably a A320 family aircraft like Lufthansa.
I have checked it and it’s usually a A319 I don’t know how many flight though each day however it’s a big change, I think it’s likely only for training as airlines that get the type for the first time do this sort of thing

They use A318/319/320/321 and there are something in the region of 6-8 direct flights a day between LHR and CDG…as well as more that go to ORY.

1 Like