Air France inaugurates its Boeing 787’s first commercial flight to Cairo

http://www.finchannel.com/tourism-and-travel/62649-air-france-inaugurates-its-boeing-787-s-first-commercial-flight-to-cairo
Share your thoughts here! Here’s the complete schedule for the flight (AF570/567)

AF570: leaves Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 14:30, arrives in Cairo at 20:00;

AF567: leaves Cairo at 1:35, arrives at Paris-Charles de Gaulle at 5:30.

Flights operated on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

13 Likes

Nice!! For how long will they fly this? I heard that they will operate Montreal after Cairo, or maybe at the same time. It seems like a wierd route to me

1 Like

Isn´t the route a bit short for a 787 ?

1 Like

Well, from February they’re temporarily using their 789s from CDG to LHR on a daily basis.

2 Likes

BA also implement the 787 (-8) to Cairo I believe.

2 Likes

It’s the first of the type for the airline so it will be used on short haul flights until everything is familiar with the crew and then they will go ahead with long haul flights. Normal procedure for all new plane types for airlines

2 Likes

Uh…no?

Usually Crew Familerization is domestic flights…

That’s what I said! It can’t be domestic can it. It’s France not the USA short haul flights for even a A320 usually involve leaving the country

1 Like

understand…thanks for that fact ;)

1 Like

Well, technically they could put them on flights to Marseille, Bordeaux, Toulouse etc but those flights are so frequent there’s no point of doing that anyway.

1 Like

Air France taking their brand new 787 to Toulouse.

Because Airbus and stuff.

5 Likes

Yeah, that would be funny…

2 Likes

This topic should be about the batteries posing a risk to Air France passengers.

Yes, too funny …

That was ages ago! It’s 2017! Be positive!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.