Air France Announces Flights to Denver

Air France is launching flights to Denver, Colorado

Air France has revealed it’s launching a new U.S. destination this summer - Denver, Colorado (DEN) starting July 2, 2021. The route will operate three times a week using the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.

This route will restore Denver’s connection to France after Norwegian ceased long-haul flights, which included its own Paris to Denver flight.

According to Air France, this is the first time a SkyTeam airline has flown from Europe to Denver. They’ll be flying right into United and the Star Alliance’s hub.

Denver Airport released a video:

Denver Airport CEO Kim Day:

“The establishment by Air France of a brand-new transatlantic route during the most challenging time in aviation history is a remarkable endorsement of the resiliency of demand for travel to Denver. We are confident Air France will find success in Denver and we have no doubt that travelers will embrace these new nonstop flights to Paris over the long term.”

Flights are currently expected to operate through October 29. DEN markets this flight as “France seeking access to National Parks and outdoor recreation will find Denver to be the perfect gateway to Colorado and the Mountain West. And Denver-originating travelers who are ready for transatlantic travel will have a new convenient nonstop option available, both reducing travel time to Paris and providing increased connecting options for further travel in the region.”

DEN-CDG is already on sale. However, “service start is contingent on changes to travel bans currently in effect which do not allow non-essential travel between the United States and Europe.”

Image Credits/Press Release

PR: https://www.flydenver.com/sites/default/files/downloads/21-22%20AF%20DEN%20FINAL.pdf
Image: Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner - Air France | Aviation Photo #5826419 | Airliners.net

What do you guys think of Air France launching flights to Denver?

33 Likes

More baguette for the mile high city

7 Likes

I wasn’t expecting this, but it is great to see the EU connect with Denver again.

2 Likes

Omg omg omg omg omg omg @Luke_Sta @MrMrMan @DeerCrusher 🤩

3 Likes

The mile bread city.

2 Likes

Looks like DEN-CDG isn’t on sale yet but CDG-DEN is. Operates Friday, Sunday, Wednesday

3 Likes

Ooooooo very nice!! I just was gonna look at the price and convince my parents cause why not.

2 Likes

Got it! I think they just went on sale now. I looked at July 4-16 and it appeared. Looks like Fridays, Sundays, and Wednesdays.

2 Likes

OH MY GOSH!THIS IS INSANE!

They are filling in the gap Norwegian Left

2 Likes

This might be one that I will actually get on.

3 Likes

Indeed. I’m convincing my parents as we speak with a google slide presentation.

5 Likes

Woah, that’s nice to hear! (Now I wait for Air France to resume service to dfw :( ) I think AF will do good in Denver

2 Likes

I was not expecting this. I thought United would pick the route up or something, but I’ll take it! Maybe I can take this flight some day, and I will try to spot the inaugural when it does resume.

2 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see if United responds to Air France. Despite lower international travel, United still seems to be competitive with long-haul routes, such as intentions to launch Boston to London later this year which is sort of in response to JetBlue.

Forgot me 😭
Im messing around but I am so glad to hear this! Awesome news!

1 Like

Yay yay yay yay yay!!! About time.

6 Likes

Great news because Denver is sort of my home airport (for flying commercially, not actually flying) and when I went to Paris a few years ago we had to stop at Detroit on the way there; and Paris to Seattle then back to Denver on the way back, kind of a pain.

1 Like

Hopefully they bring in the A350 or A330 those are two planes we haven’t seen in Dallas long time Air France Lufthansa and KLM all used to bring A330s here
Hopefully they’re bring in the A350 if they start this route again

1 Like

So many things can change in under three months. France gradually lifted restrictions and now Air France’s inaugural Paris to Denver flight is underway.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.