Air France A319 LFPG-EHAM Trip Report! Love Is In The Air! ...Kinda

Hello, IFC,

Today, I flew 2 planes to get from CDG (Paris) to SEA (Seattle)
The first hop (this one) was a 40-minute flight from Paris to Amsterdam, where I was able to fly on the Delta A330-900NEO, but that’s another trip report :)

This trip starts in downtown Paris at 4AM. I put on my mask, and hop into a cab that will take me to the airport. The highway is empty, and I was slightly on the late side, so I asked the driver to get me there ASAP.
I did not, however, anticipate his next move. He SLAMMED the gas and flashed down the highway (still legal speeds though :)

At one point, I heard the GPS announce V1V2
I panicked and told the driver to slow down, as the front wheels came back down
just kidding :)

I arrived at the terminal, which was EMPTY.

Very Empty

After sticking 987654345678 bag tags to my luggage I started being screamed at by a tired french woman because my luggage was “too big to be on the plane so I would have to split the weight between 2 bags”… french Karen intensifies

anyways

After TSA, I walked through the airport to find my plane. It was a cute little AF A319.
Photo Credit @ItsBlitz

After chilling in the gate area and eating a bunch of croissants from PAUL, It was time to board.

I walked down the jetway and as usual, slapped the cold fuselage with my hand.

As I entered the plane, I immediately noticed something. The plane was showing it’s age… or it’s lack of care. It smelled like cheez-itz and my seat’s traytable/cupholder was broken. My seat looked like wood and felt like wood but it was fine, as it was a very short flight.

My seat for this short hop.

May I be brutally honest?

The legroom was garbage and I’m only 185cm (or for you Americans, 2 pepperoni pineapple pizzas and a bigmac stacked on top of each other.)

We taxiied for a little while, then had a very uneventful takeoff. As we poked through the 8765435678 layers of clouds above Paris, the sunrise became visible and I took some pictures.
IMG_4664
As we reached our cruising altitude, staff came and gave me sugared water with egg yolk that they called “luxurious french orange juice” but it was welcome, as I needed sugar to operate at that time.

Mmmmmm
liquid

As soon as I finished my watery orange, the pilot started the initial and final descent into AMS. I was able to see the port, and the airport, and a very large windmill.

BTW here is some advertising for the IFC :)

IMG_2987 (2)
finger reveal

The plane buttered at AMS, but unfortunately my phone had no more storage so I was unable to film (and my camera isnt good at filming).
If anyone here wants to give me a phone with more than only 16GB of space, I would love that!

Anyways…

We taxiied for a looong while at AMS, and I saw an A380 and 747 (TAPS)

We finally parked and I deboarded, leaving the filthy babybus and snapping a quick blurry picture of the cockpit on the way!

Once we deboarded, I headed towards gate E20, where the factory-fresh A330-NEO patiently waited for me, but that’s for another trip report!

Thank you!

Stay safe!

Wear a mask!!!

25 Likes

Karen mode: on

Anyways, nice photos!
4 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

This was a really cool read! Not only did I get insight into what it’s like to fly Air France during the pandemic, but I found it comical at the same time! Cool trip report and I can’t wait to see your flight report on that A330-NEO!

1 Like

“Only”???

That’s like 6 feet! Of course you felt cramped!

Kinda strange it smelled like cheez-itz, I’d actually be pretty concerned. They should be sanitizing the plane pretty often considering the pandemic, and usually sanitizing products smell pretty good. This was an interesting read.

3 Likes

DGAC 😉

2 Likes

samethingsamethingsamething

The people that pat you down and save the toothpaste from the dark depths of the bottom of your bag

2 Likes

My grandmother just yelled at me from across the house asking why I was laughing 😂

3 Likes

At least I made somebody laugh XD

2 Likes

looks like air france went all out for the leg room

1 Like

It’s spirit but the slogan is “more money, less go”

i love getting my legs squished!

1 Like

I’m glad the context is here to make that less weird XD

All jokes aside, it wasn’t that bad…

Only my shins kinda hurt after thats it

1 Like

Great review! Safe to say that AF is declining in quality unfortunately…

1 Like

Yes…

At least the crew didnt decline in quality, they were very nice :)

1 Like

Who’s Karen?

1 Like