Air Force Two in SW Florida

A special visitor came to Naples Municipal Airport (KAPF) today. The 757 took most of the 6,600 feet of Runway 5/23 to get airborne. Accompanying it was a C-17 from the 167th Airlift Wing of the Air National Guard. Both aircraft were a privilege to see up close.

37 Likes

Was the Vice President onboard?

3 Likes

Yes, the Vice President was here to give a speech.

3 Likes

I saw four fighters flying in formation over South Beach today but couldn’t figure out why. That could be it…

3 Likes

The one thing I don’t like about the US military is there are so many units or whatever it’s called, like the 167th Airlift Wing of the 200th… of the 40th… of the etc (for example). Why so many!

3 Likes

Every airbase, or airport with people stationed there. Also worth mentioning there aren’t actually 200+, it’s not really a linear counting system I don’t think…

3 Likes

The Vice President was in Atlanta last week. Atlanta Traffic became China Traffic for a day. I wish I could’ve been at the airport to see the plane.

2 Likes

I don’t know, there are way too may people categorised terribly. For example, why were the USAF fighter jets not able to get to NYC for the 9/11 in time? Because the chain oh command was to big causing them to be dispatched way too slowly.

1 Like

They also didn’t have the same procedures, and didn’t know the intentions of those aircraft till after it happened. A lot, and I mean a lot has changed since 9/11, and I think it’s a reasonable bet to say that if that slipped through in the US it would have anywhere else…

1 Like

Y’all can continue this 9/11 and categorization discussion in a PM. Please keep the talk on topic to Air Force Two.

2 Likes

I mean it was what 3 posts? Losely related to the topic, I mean I’m all for taking side conversations to PM, but I think a handful of posts that stemmed from a related question should be allowed…

Just my opinion… 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 Like

Great catch! Love the Boeing 757’s!

1 Like

That’s an interesting statement 😳. Let’s not jump to that conclusion.

AF2 is a pretty cool plane. It’s obviously not as cool as AF1 but it’s still a sweet catch.

1 Like

How did you get that close?!?

2 Likes

They don’t really guard the 757 like they do the 747. I’ve been up close to the 757 in Boston before. You’re lucky to get within 100 yards of the AF1.

6 Likes

🤢 big oof right there

1 Like

I was with law enforcement, doing the airport security detail.

2 Likes

I think that aircraft was air force one on that day.

2 Likes

I saw some over my house for the movie captain marvel (March 4 5:33 pm)

1 Like

Great picture! I would have loved to see the plane in person.

1 Like