Air Force One spotted at GSO

Today me and my family found Air Force One doing a touch and go at GSO! We were so close to this beautiful aircraft!

20 Likes

No police around… So im presuming that Mr. Trump wasn’t on board (or any official infact)

2 Likes

He wasn’t. It was doing touch and goes so we actually saw it fly over us twice

2 Likes

So in that case (For your knowledge). Its actually not called “Air Force One”, as the president was not on board… The plane would be referred to as SAM 28000 or SAM 29000 (Aswell as US Air Force 28000/29000)

~ Fact From JackBot :)

15 Likes

Are you sure it wasn’t one of the 20 Air Force 1’s on TS1?

11 Likes

I actually knew that. But i mean who really cares SAM 29000 doesn’t sound appealing. @PixelToast well did it spin off the runway? Did it land without clearance? Nope this was expert server AKA reality!

5 Likes

Maybe they were using it for cargo purposes?

1 Like

They don’t. This actually not uncommon to see Air Force One (SAM 29000) in my area. They do this for training and special maneuvers

1 Like

A tuch and go at GSO

that rymed

4 Likes

Wow even I didn’t notice that ryhmed

2 Likes

Really yay I made a discovery:)

3 Likes

Here’s another epic picture I got. This was taken by my Dad. Not me

6 Likes

JackBot strikes again!

Only regulars will get this one…

7 Likes

No, they were probably training with it.

3 Likes

Or It could be a dummy flight they do thoughts to fool people so they don’t know what one is the real one…

1 Like

I highly doubt that. I’ve seen it before so I’m 99.9% certain that it’s real

1 Like

The United States government uses two ‘Air Force One’ capable aircraft.
During the president’s vacation, both aircraft are flown, the second one stationed near where the president is staying.

I have in fact seen both aircraft, one at Honolulu, surrounded by the Globemasters used to transport the presidential vehicles, and the other the next day at Hilo.

So yes, while multiple aircraft exist, this was most likley not flying as a ‘dummy’ aircraft. It was most likley being used to train pilots to be AF1 capable, and like United_Airlines said, he has seen it doing touch and goes before.

2 Likes

They have 2 747s most likely training encase of a emergency

They use both 747s in case of a problem with one, the other is always close by to take the president back home.

2 Likes

What a fantastic experience. Callsign aside, that is Air Force one! Good spot!

1 Like