Air Force One Ramp Tour | Zurich, January 21, 2020

Hello for the third time today!

You wonder why the third time? You might also want to check out the two other topics I published from Zurich earlier today:

As I mentioned before, the highlight of the day was an apron tour. Every year, BuchAIR Center at Zurich Airport organizes WEF tours at night as well as during the day which offer avgeeks unique views of rare aircraft. When deciding to really go to Zurich at noon on Monday, I immediately booked one of the two hour tours and, looking at that decision now, it was totally worth it! But judge yourself by the views I got during that tour:

The special thing about the tour? You not only get a bus drive around the airport but you are actually allowed to leave the bus and take pictures on the ramp. With the tour guides being fully aware of special movements and a big interest to deliver an amazing experience it’s a true avgeek dream in yellow vests.

Due to the nature of the WEF, the airport is full with business jets so these make a big share of the tour but even though I’m not the biggest fan of bizjets, it’s amazing nevertheless. The apron south of the terminal really was a big Gulfstream parking lot.

On the other side of the airport, close to runway 28, many more jets were parked, but not only Gulfstreams, but for example this Dassault Falcon from Malta.

Another Gulfstream, another livery, another country. As many private jets, this one is also registered on the Isle of Man.

Speaking of the livery, doesn’t it have an amazing tail?

When standing at the airport fence, the possibilities to shoot different perspectives are limited at some point. On the ramp, there’s so much more to try - why not change your perspective and look up to these amazing machines?

And it doesn’t only work when standing face to face with the jet - even the “normal” view from the side looks so much more spectacular from this point of view! (But wait, that angle is about to look even better on another plane shortly)

Another Gulfstream, another color - red this time. I really don’t love bizjets but I can’t get enough of these angles…

Now, during this WEF, there weren’t only bizjets. Let’s get to the huge jets and let’s start with nothing less than Air Force One once again, this time not flying but resting on the ramp.

Another highlight we were chasing during our tour was a brand new aircraft. Less than half a year old and without any pictures on Jetphotos before this week, Air Senegals A330neo visited Zurich. Due to the lack of available stands, it departed for parking at Paris Le Bourget shortly after landing. Luckily, we got to it’s stand when it was pushed so we casually blocked a service road along with a fuel truck for an extended photo shoot of this colorful bird.

Let’s end this topic with my absolute favorite shot of the day. As usual, Azerbaijan brought its gorgeous A340-600. And I won’t add more to this picture because words can’t say more than the image itself…

Ever wondered how a happy spotter looks? Well, here’s your answer I guess:

I hope you liked all pics I shared with you today! As usual, you’ll be able to also see them on my social media listed below:

You can follow me on twitter and Instagram to get more shots on a daily basis. Also, keep your eyes open on Flightradar24 where you might see some of my recent shots.

Twitter

https://twitter.com/mba_muc

My spotting topics on the IFC (sorted by years since this is slowly getting endless)

Spring Spotting 1
Spring Spotting 2 with Lorenzo
Spring Spotting 3 (feat. Hekla Aurora)
August spotting with some sunrise shots
September 30 with quite some special liveries and bizjets
Spotting in Zurich on the way to Cosford
Spotting Laura and more in Birmingham
Spotting in fog with a sunny end

Special planes at Munich - Munich Security Conference feat. E-4B
Valentine’s Spotting 2019 - Civil Traffic around the Munich Security Conference
Retro Time - British Airways BEA A319
First weekend in Innsbruck - Charter Flights in the Alps
Second Innsbruck Spotting Weekend
Bringing Israeli soldiers to Munich - El Al 747
Another visit of ElAl’s queen - El Al 747
Spotting in the Morning Sun - South African Special Livery A340-300
A full day of Spotting
London Calling - Spotting at MUC and LCY on the way to London
London Heathrow Evening Spotting Before the Meetup
London Heathrow Meetup Spotting
Last Day at Heathrow: Landor, Negus and more
Government Jets and New Perspectives at Munich Airport
One Day Spotting Trip to Frankfurt Airport
Spotting Trip to Berlin
A lot of Specials at Munich
Quick after work spotting for a private A340
Another Sunny Spotting Day in Fall
Spotting with a Female closer than 5 miles, so definitely click even though she’s in none of the Pics!!!
Day and Night Shots at Munich
Deicing and more
Condor’s new colors and a big chopper
Stunning Condensations and a Royal 747
Azimuth Superjet and more for the last topic in a decade

Birthday Spotting
The Final EXPO A380
Special Cargos in the Evening
Air Force One
Airline Traffic in Zurich

TL;DR service for @dush19: Actually, I can’t be bothered to continue this any longer but: Planes, Planes, Planes.
@MrMrMan: Look, something new to quote again! At least you are lucky that this is the last for today
@Marc it’s that time again

32 Likes
Back at the Airport | Munich, May 03/06, 2020
A New Perspective | Munich, March 5, 2020
A Bumpy Start into a Great Weekend | Munich, February 13/14, 2020
The Highlights of Saturday at Munich Security Conference | Munich, February 15, 2020
A little bonus: Etihad 787-9 "Choose China" | Munich, February 28, 2020
End of the Security Conference Spotting Weekend | Munich, February 16, 2020
A Final Spotting Trip | Munich, March 19, 2020
Spotting A Bunch of New Airlines | Frankfurt, June 12, 2020
Sunset Spotting for a First Visit | Munich, May 27, 2020
A Noisy Prop from the East | Leipzig, May 16th, 2020
A little more spotting | Munich (not the airport though), May 9, 2020
Farewell, Pretty Bird | Munich, May 19, 2020
Early Morning Cargo Movements | Munich, June 24th, 2020
A Spotting Week in Times of COVID-19 | Munich, June 1 & 3, 2020
Two Weeks of Summer Spotting | Munich, August 9 - 20, 2020
Watching White Whales | Ingolstadt/Neuburg, July 23, 2020
Being Grilled While Spotting a Special Freighter | Munich, August 8, 2020
More Special Than Regular Movements | Munich, July 3, 2020
A New Spotting Experience With Several Specials | Ingolstadt & Neuburg, July 06 & 07, 2020
A Few More Days of Specials After My Holidays | Munich, September 16-18, 2020
Two Days of Munich Specials and a Little Throwback | Munich, August 28/29, 2020
Summer Spotting Ending With Amazing Evening Light | Munich, July 29, 2020
Heavy Contrasts | Munich, January 31, 2020
Returning to the South and the Visit of an Old Lady | Munich, July 17, 2020

Absolutely amazing photos. Was this tour at LSZH or have I missed something! What an experience to see AF1 would love to one day!

Yup, that was at LSZH, during the WEF week there are multiple tours a day from Monday through Saturday

1 Like

And I found number three! Probably my favourite topic of the three with the fantastic perspectives.

Also the Air Senegal A330Neo and Air Force 1 are amazing!

I definitely need to do some tour at ZRH myself at some point.

Thanks for sharing all those amazing pictures from Switzerland!

It is true. So damn true.

4 Likes

By the end of today, ~7 of your topics are gonna be bumped because I have to quote them all.

Oh, joyous occasion! 😂

1 Like

Thats a very german hat you have there. Nice pictures!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.