Air Force One @KMGE

Hi everyone! Today I’m going to share what may be one of my all time favorite photos that I’ve taken. Here is Air Force One on final to Dobbins Air Reserve Base (KMGE). For this of you that follow me on Instagram I’ll be ending Air Force One week off with this up close shot!

Thanks for stopping by! If you would like to check out some more of my work you can go follow me on Instagram @jackson.aviation

43 Likes

Whoa! Those pictures are amazing!

Anyone know what’s in the nose hump?

1 Like

I believe it’s an infrared thing for low visibility, don’t quote me on that, but I know FedEx has that kind of system and it looks very similar, all be it smaller, on there planes. Though I don’t know what’s on it specifically that’s just my best guess.

3 Likes

Very cool pictures. Must have been amazing to get close to AF1. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Incredible shots, Jackson!

1 Like

Not attacking you but…

Is it really Air Force One? Or is it just SAM28000?

Is the president/vice president or president’s family on board?

Brilliant shots though!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m not sure but I’m gonna go ahead and assume what @KPIT said is correct

1 Like

Thank you! Yes it was, got even closer for the departure so maybe a part 2 will be coming soon…

1 Like

Thank you Sasha!

1 Like

Thanks, yes the president was on board the aircraft, therefore making it Air Force One

I believe the nose hump is where the hole for aerial refueling is. It’s concealed behind a moveable cover. Here’s an interesting read on the E-4B and its nose hump, which is similar (if not identical) in design to the VC-25’s.

2 Likes

Oh! I wouldn’t have thought that was the case. Thanks for sharing these pictures!

1 Like

Sounds good to me ;)

1 Like

Yep, bringing the president in from Miami and carrying him onto Andrew’s AFB

Pretty sure it is where the boom goes for aerial refueling :)

2 Likes

Never knew that, thanks for sharing!

I agree, I think that’s what it’s for.

1 Like