Air Force One @ KDAL | 11JUN20

Hello, all! Today, I went out to spot Air Force One thanks to @Ishrion telling me about it last week. I ended up meeting up with @Speedyyy to spot it’s arrival. President Trump was in town for a fundraiser dinner and arrived at about 2:45 and left at around 7:45. Whether you’re one of them Trump-lovers or not, you gotta admit - this is one aircraft you don’t want to miss.

Equipment

Canon EOS 4000D
Tamron 70-300mm lens

A little backstory of it’s arrival:

Since it’s Air Force One and the President is on board, obviously it’s not going to be on the radar, so it was very hard to find it’s arrival. We ended up seeing some 360s happening and a hole in the traffic giving us a general idea of it’s location. Since it’s coming from Andrews, you’d think it would land on the east runway, right? Not! My dad spotted it turning base for 13R as we heard it get cleared to land on LiveATC. I don’t think me, my brother, or @Speedyyy have run that fast to catch a plane in our life.

Here’s it arriving!

4 hours later…

Unfortunately, @Speedyyy wasn’t able to return to see it’s departure, which is a shame. It was kind of iffy on it’s departure - some said 9:30, some said 7. But at around 7:00, the cops blocked the road and Trump’s motorcade showed up and went onto the airfield. Fast forward 20 minutes later, and it was taxiing out for departure. Unfortunately, my autofocus was turned off, so my initial shots were out of focus. These are the remaining shots I got:

My, I really do quite like my close-ups, don’t I?

Thanks for checking out the topic! Texas is a big Republican state, so I’m sure the big orange guy will be back a few more times before the election.

Check out my Instagram for more shots:

https://instagram.com/dfwjets

61 Likes

Wow, these are some great shots my guy!

1 Like

That’s my style of shot stop stealing smh

@den.aviation get a load of this Tyler tilt

1 Like

Tyler tilt approved. Good shots doe 🥢

2 Likes

Too bad :)

Also I didn’t tilt them lmao

Tyler tilt is there cause you didn’t tilt them

That iconic good o’l livery we at least I love!

Stellar shots!

Also, this made me laugh. Glad I’m not the only one who thinks this…

4 Likes

Awesome pics! I’ve only seen AF1 once, it was at SFO

1 Like

Awesome photos! I have seen AF1 twice, once in DFW and once in AUS (on the same day actually! It landed in DFW while I was on a layover, it later landed in AUS when I was leaving the airport).

2 Likes

Have you thought of the possibility of the president stalking you?🧐

1 Like

DFW? Interesting…

1 Like

No, I don’t think my life was interesting enough for Obama to follow me around lol. He was still President when I saw AF1 for clarification

4 Likes

Lol, same with the time I saw it, he was playing gold at pebble beach an hour south of SFO. There were three ospreys surrounding it

1 Like

Nice spots! Saw AF1 back in 2012, but it was nothing compared to these

1 Like

I was confused earlier because when I saw this on the news, they said KDFW, but now I see that it’s KDAL. Great pics by the way!

1 Like

Nope, I don’t think they would shut down the busiest airport in the world (right now, in aircraft movements) for an hour twice in a day.

1 Like

Very true 😂

1 Like

Shinæ

Nice shots. I don’t think I’ve ever run that fast for a plane in my life 😂

1 Like

Trumpet.

Nice shots you got there.

1 Like