Air crisis?

Tell of a time you had an experience where you had to abort takeoff, go around, or had a mid-flight issue (if you have had one)

3 Likes

I had one where I was taking off from DIA (yay) and the metal on the outer covering of the engine outside my window blew off. We diverted to a close airport. I don’t remember much about it since I was so shocked lol.
Turns out the screws used in keeping the metal on had been the wrong screws…go figure

5 Likes

While I was enroute from ATL - ORD we encountered storms and we were struck by lightning. The pilots decided to divert to Indianapolis.

3 Likes

One time we were on a US Airways CRJ-700 and flew through a storm. We landed at our destination, but that was the most fun and discomfort I’ve had on an airliner.

Another time I was flying with my dad’s friend, my dad, and my brothers when upon landing the nose wheel collapsed on the piper lancer we were on. The cause was dirt build up in the nose wheel lock.

4 Likes

Well there was this time i was on a PAL flight the winds were strong so the captain aborted the landing to go around, the wheels were close to touching the ground meanwhile the passengers started praying cause they thought they were gonna crash haha…

4 Likes

Struck by lighting? 😳 There a tale for the storybooks

1 Like

We had to cancel our flight on Turkish.

For Infinite Flight, I flew a 777 and wanted to get up flaps. I extended flaps 100 and decided to put the trim to 100% to go high as fast as possible. I ended up stalling over the ocean and crashing.

2 Likes

Lesson learned I hope lol

I think I heard about that on the news…

I think I’ve had to expirience a missed approach once on a Jetstar A320 at Melbourne Avalon airport.

1 Like

That’s an interesting flap setting.

4 Likes

i was on a flight back from jamaica montego bay some years ago and we went through a thunderstorm and the turbulence was pretty bad then it all went quiet then there was an almighty bang and the plane lifted 10 times the droppy feel that you get on takeoff, the plane was hit underneath by lighting but we didnt divert we flew straight through and landed safely at heathrow :) was exhilerating though lol

1 Like

On an American 777 from narita to DFW, we hit heavy turbulence and we were in it for about 2 minutes. That’s not all. The captain said the hydraulic pressure in the nose wheel was gone so they probably had to gravitationally drop the gear cause the pilot was sweating. Also, fire trucks were around us and we had a water cannon salute.

3 Likes

On a Delta MD-88 inbound to Newark we encountered a microburst. Very fun! (Sarcasm)

2 Likes

Well, I once was on an aircraft where the right main wheel wouldn´t deploy correctly, which forced the plane to do a crash…
There is a youtube video about it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YibvwkTXTYc

1 Like

Was en route KDEN-KTUS on a Southwest B733. Next thing I know we’re landing at KPHX! 😆

1 Like

It is not a big deal, aircraft are totally fine with lightning, we actually ended up diverting due to a medical emergency because of minor injuries due to turbulence.

My father’s flight was canceled due to technical problems…

Would of Been safer and possibly less of a crash without landing gear.

Once my flight got cancelled because the door wouldn’t shut.

1 Like