Air Canada's New A220-300 | NEW ROUTES

What is going on?

Some of you already known that Air Canada will receive 45 brand new A220-300s very soon! But what most of you didn’t know, is that they have just recently announced 2 new routes using those airplanes! The list below are the routes that Air Canada announced they will be adding starting on May 4, 2020. The routes will be year-round daily flights. 😀

Toronto Pearson to San Jose

CYYZ-KSJC 😀

Silicon Valley’s Airport will receive its first-ever service to Toronto Pearson International Airport! Starting fares are as low as $233!

AC765 CYYZ-KSJC departs at 8:55 AM and lands at 11:28 AM
AC766 KSJC-CYYZ departs at 12:15 PM and lands at 8:10 PM (20:10)

Montreal to Seattle

CYUL-KSEA

Seattle-Tacoma International Airport will gain a new destination starting on May 4, 2020!

AC565 CYUL-KSEA departs at 5:55 PM (17:55) and lands at 8:45 PM (20:45)
The plane will then stay the night in Seattle.
AC566 KSEA-CYUL departs at 8:35 AM and lands at 4:34 PM (16:34)

About the new A220-300

The configuration of this new Air Canada plane will consist of a total of 137 seats. There will be 12 seats in business class in a 2-2 configuration. There will be 125 seats in economy class in a 2-3 configuration. The planes will have the widest economy seats out of those in Air Canada’s fleet and the overhead bins are the largest for an airplane this size. Mounted on every seat will be a Panasonic eX1 in-flight entertainment system. The plane will also have high-speed satellite WiFi, USB A, USB C, and AC power on every seat. Compared to previous airplanes, this airplane will use 20% less fuel compared to previous generations.

What do I think of this?

I am very excited for these new routes to come! I can’t wait until May 4, 2020 rolls around! Not only will my favorite airport get a new international route, my second favorite airport will also get a new international route! I always knew that San Jose needs a route to Toronto and I always knew that it will soon come. I just didn’t know of when the route will come. Hearing the news originally presented to me by @GlobalFlyer1 made me jump for joy when I talked about it with him on the Plane and Pilot Slack. I pretended like I wanted to book the flight and went on the Air Canada app and sure enough, the routes were there and ready for booking!

READ MORE

https://onemileatatime.com/air-canada-a220/

What do you think of this?

27 Likes

Would be dope if they brought this to MSP sometime. We get their E175 and and I guess this would be a bit bigger but I still think it could work. 😅

2 Likes

We’ll see what happens! As of right now, YUL-SEA and YYZ-SJC :D are the only 2 planned routes for this airplane

But I do think that it would make sense bringing this airplane to MSP

Interesting never heard it was even a plan

Air Canada just announced their plans today I believe

Oh well DJ’S aviation is on the story

Do you mind sharing the link to this thread so everyone can see

Sorry if there was a mis understanding but I was making a joke that djs aviation should be on it

Oh I see
They should cover it soon! But this was just recently announced (I think it was today) so others have yet to see it

Sadly a220 was second at the vote, most of you voted for b777
or else, we can fly this route with this beautiful aircraft

1 Like

BTW i am also surprised that they will add tv to short haul fleet

Wasn’t it the atr. (Still sad atr lost)

1 Like

Well I mean the first 2 routes are from Toronto to San Jose and Montreal to Seattle. Those flights could take a couple of hours!

1 Like

What do I think to this?

I THINK IT’S A QUESTUON FOR THE PILOTS…

I’m travelling Air Canada for the third time in a month tommorow on a Dreamliner 😆

My favourite airline! And my favourite Aircraft and train manufacturer!!!

It would also be nice if Air Canada does seasonal flights in the summer to Anchorage from Vancouver instead of using the a319.

1 Like

As of right now, the airplanes are only going to be on the east side of Canada
We’ll see when they bring their A220s to Vancouver

1 Like

Very excited for this route! I’d love to try it sometime, especially since the fares are so cheap right now!

Yeah, the fares are really cheap but you won’t have much time to book at those prices so it better be quick!

Air Canada has announced even more routes with the A220!

Starting March 5, 2020, Air Canada will be flying the A220 between Montreal (YUL/CYUL) and New York (LGA/KLGA) @Dylan_M

The schedule:

• AC 744 — Montreal (YUL) 8:45am Departure ⇒ New York LaGuardia (LGA) 10:15am Arrival
  • AC 745 — New York LaGuardia (LGA) 10:55am Departure ⇒ Montreal (YUL)
    12:20pm Arrival

Credits to Thepointsguy.com

2 Likes

Interesting that they would chose LGA!