Air Canada Virtual Airlines | Official Thread

Welcome To Air Canada Virtual Airlines Official Thread

imageedit_18_2422841281 imageedit_21_2040297597 imageedit_26_3908676904
IFVARB - APPLY - FLEET - CREW CENTRE - PROMO VIDEO

Firstly, a message from the President himself:

Welcome to the official Air Canada Virtual Airlines thread. It’s my privilege to be leading this VA and I’m so proud to see how much we keep improving as time goes on! The VA is one of the most welcoming out there and what I have realized is that no matter if this is your third or your first time being in a VA, you will feel welcomed here. Thank you for checking out our VA and we hope to see you aboard soon!

ACVA President @natedog508

“Travel, Explore, Experience | Voyagez, Explorerez, Expérience”

Air Canada Virtual Airlines was founded in January of 2018 by Sean Hickey. He brought together a team of 5 individuals from many different VA’s with many different talents. Within 5 days of opening, we had over 25 active pilots and were immediately making an impact in the community. In June of 2018, Sean decided that it was best if he moved on and put the VA in the hands of Nate. Since then, we have made many staff changes, updates & more all for the improvement of the VA’s quality by following the saying, “quality over quantity.” That is something we believe in and stick to every day as we add things to improve this VA!

It is my honour to present to you, this new and improved VA. Back in 2018, myself and my then staff team developed this VA and making sure, your stay as comfortable as possible. I want to firstly thank my team who have put all it takes into building a VA. I’m happy to see the progress this VA has made in the past years. And I’m confident it will succeed in the years to come. Happy landings!

Seanhickey456

Founder of ACVA

Hey! Do you have any questions? We got answers! Ask questions below for a response from a staff member or click below to see our most asked Questions

What are the requirements for pilots?

At Air Canada Virtual, we are happy to facilitate all skill levels, but we ask that you are between the Grades of 3 - 5. You also must be over the age of 15

How active do I need to be?

We require pilots to log at least 1 Flight every 30 days and you will be given a 7-day warning. If you can not achieve this, please message our Flight Manager as soon as possible

What do you use for communications?

We communicate through the app, Slack . The channels are moderated by our Staff constantly to ensure a clean and friendly environment.

Where do I find codeshare routes?

Once you are registered on the crew center, go to “flights” and the search by airlines and search for the airline you’d like to fly.

When you start your career and adventures with Air Canada Virtual, you’ll start with our Air Canada Express Fleet, this includes our regional and USA departures aircraft. The DH8D, CRJ2 and E175 are all aircraft you can start flying with anywhere in Canada and the USA!

Images above highlight the aircraft that are unlocked at the Cadet rank.

View the whole fleet ->

Air Canada Virtual, has chosen a team that dedicates their spare time to make ACVA a wonderful place for all. Our Staff & Admins have experience in the Virtual Airline field of profession.
Click to see their names below.

President, @natedog508 Nate is our President and is ready to take charge and bring this VA back to its full potential! If you have any ideas for the VA, feel free to contact him. He’ll be working with the rest of the staff team to ensure the VA is a positive experience for all Pilots.
Deputy President, @CR3W Evan is our Deputy President and is responsible for recruitment, external affairs, and taking the role of president when the president is out of town. He is thrilled to be on the team and is willing to answer any questions you may have! Feel free to pm him when needed.
Events Manager, @reer104 Reed is our Events Manager, providing quality events for both the public and exclusive events for members of Air Canada Virtual. He works diligently to provide ACVA with the best for our pilots. If you have any input or ideas don’t hesitate to contact him at any time.
Flight Manager, @Connor_Champagne Connor works as our Flight Manager, providing assistance with slack management, the training program, and managing our crew center. Feel free to shoot him a PM if you have any concerns or questions.
Training Director, Vacant Information on this postition and/or this role is not availible. Please check back later for updates.

Since our opening in 2018, we’ve gone through multiple changes to our application process and selection process. As of now, we require pilots to log a flight every 30 day. Additionally, we have put the following requirements in place as well:

• Age (15+)
  • IF Grade 3+
  • An Infinite Flight Pro Subscription
  • An Infinite Flight Community Account TL1 or Higher
  • Access to the Slack app
  • Ability to complete a flight with a trainer upon entrance to ensure you are ACVA fit

Upon your first few hours

Welcome to the team! We’re excited to have you. When you initially join, you will receive a PM from our staff team. This will include your brand new badge, your ACVA callsign, and your Crew Centre login credentials. Please do respond as soon as it’s most convenient for you. Failure to do so within 7 days could result in termination from ACVA.

Apply Here ->

Looking for Events? We have several that take place throughout the week and weekend!

Within our slack, we host multiple internal events and flash flights. Not only that but make sure to keep a lookout in #live:events for @reer104’s well put together events.

Types Of Events:

Core-6 - The Core-6 series is an event series created by @Balloonchaser which consists of 6 of the largest VAs in Infinite Flight together to visit all 6 of their hubs. The goal is to “Break The Infinite Barriers” and these events have seen upwards of 200 people!

Internal Events - Reed often publishes internal events once or twice a week to provide a fun flight to bring our pilots together. These are anywhere from a fun flight in the DH8D to landing competitions! We love being able to bring our pilots together during these events.

External Events - We post monthly events here on the IFC. This is to allow our community of pilots to share our welcoming bond with you, the public. We love sharing our magic and openness with you all and we have had great success with these events!

We’re very proud to call the following VAs a Partner of Air Canada Virtual. The team of both parties put tremendous amounts of work to complete such a task. ACVA has teamed up with some VAs to further enhance the pilot experience on top of what we already offer. This allows ACVA and other parties to release more routes for pilots to fly. Along with routes, our partnerships also extend our fleet. Our network is quite huge, and we don’t plan on stopping.

Singapore Virtual

Singapore Virtual is our newest partnership in order to expand our routes, aircraft, and network to Asia! SVA, based in Singapore, provides tons of routes to pick from. This will allow us to maintain a large presence over the Pacific Ocean to provide our pilots with a more fun experience in the VA.

Thread | Website | Instagram

All Nippon Airways Virtual Group

All Nippon Airways Virtual Group will help us grow and maintain new routes and aircraft for our pilots to fly. This will allow them to explore a new part of the world to help create a more fun and diverse environment for all to enjoy.

Thread | Website | Instagram

Air Canada Virtual Airlines is in no way affiliated with Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz, Air Canada Rouge, or any other affiliate/partner. Our logos are owned by Air Canada with slight modifications to them.

2020 Air Canada Virtual

32 Likes

Air Canada VA New Changes And Updates!

We have added an extensive amount of vital updates in the past few weeks and will be highlighting them with you all below! We are thrilled to finally be able to share these with you, the public. We are committed to providing the best experience for our pilots!

• Staff Changes

The staff team that helped revamp the VA had committed to a 6-month on-time term which has come to an end. Alex and Tajay, we thank you for your work. With this, we’re thrilled to bring on @reer104, @CR3W, and @Connor_Champagne to join @natedog508 to complete our new staff team. This team has been working to compile a list of improvements needed to add to our VA and have worked countless hours to bring some into effect already!

• New Website and Crew Center

This new, modern website and crew center features a personalized URL code that is hosted on a personal server! This has ensured our pilots have a smooth transition to the newly upgraded phpVMS7 crew center which is easier to use for both pilots and staff alike.

• New Application and Requirements

In order to properly manage this VA, we have added a new application that features a state-of-the-art exam to ensure our pilots know how to properly fly the skies of Infinite Flight. Another addition we have is the new requirements to join our VA. We now require our pilots to be age 15 or older, instead of the previous 13 years old. This helps ensure the maturity of our pilots are on par with our internal expectations.

Disclaimer: Any pilots aged 13 or 14 will be grandfathered into the VA and are not at risk of removal

Signed,
ACVA Staff Team

17 Likes

wow great thread guys!

2 Likes

Nice new thread we got…just love it! 😁

2 Likes

This looks wonderful, so fresh and so modern. Can tell ya’ll are going to take this VA to another level. See you in the skies and good luck.

Happy Flying :)
Cign

1 Like

Great thread! Here’s to another one! 🥂

3 Likes

Great new thread, love those angles!

Safe flights and a long live to ACVA!

Beautiful thread! Looking forward to some great things for the VA, and I can’t wait to see you all in the skies!

Lovely thread and lovely graphics. I’m in a bit too many VA’s atm if I leave some your next 😉

Hi, how can I join the VA?

Hey! You can join via this

2 Likes

Hey! I was in the VA back around January but had to leave due to personal reasons, I saw the slack was shut down! Is there anyway I could join back? Thanks!

1 Like

Beautiful thread! I would love to join!

1 Like

Hi @Apollo_Yuh!

We went through a very extensive remodel. This had all of our pilots transfer over, free of application or test, in a short period of time.

If you weren’t in the new slack, you, unfortunately, were marked as inactive and required to reapply. Should you be interested, feel free to apply here and take the test at the end.

Thanks, @Navy315! Expect a message in your inbox shortly.

Evan
Deputy President of Air Canada Virtual

4 Likes

Lovely job guys!

4 Likes

Hey there! I redid the exam, just to let y’all know!

3 Likes

Awesome thread! Love Canada, Love Air Canada, gonna apply now! 😍

1 Like

Nevermind, I’m unfortunately underage to join :(

Hello Hussain, I was wondering if you would like to do a flight with me and possibly some of the ACVA members. If you are interested please shoot me a DM on instagram @ifcanada01 Thank you for the kind words about our thread and I hope to hear from you soon :)

-ACVA004

Hello Connor! I’d love to join but I’d like to have some details first, I don’t use IG, So I’ll PM you on the IFC :)