Air Canada Virtual Airlines | Bringing Out The Best Of Canada

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 6.18.17 PM

Welcome To Air Canada Virtual Airlines Official Thread

imageedit_18_2422841281 imageedit_21_2040297597 imageedit_26_3908676904
IFVARB - APPLY - FLEET - CREW CENTRE

Firstly, a message from the President himself:

Welcome to the official Air Canada Virtual Airlines thread. It’s my privilege to be leading this VA as I can’t wait to see how much we improve in the coming months! The VA is one of the most welcoming out there and what I have realized is that no matter if this is your third or your first time being in a VA, you will feel welcomed here. Thank you for checking out our VA and we hope to see you aboard soon!

ACVA President @natedog508

“Travel, Explore, Experience | Voyage, Explorer, Expérience”

Air Canada Virtual Airlines was founded in January of 2018 by Sean Hickey. He brought together a team of 5 individuals from many different VA’s with many different talents. Within 5 days of opening, we had over 25 active pilots and were immediately making an impact in the community. In June of 2018, Sean decided that it was best if he moved on and put the VA in the hands of Nate. Since then, we have made many staff changes, updates & more all for the improvement of the VA’s quality by following the saying, “quality over quantity.” That is something we believe in and stick to every day as we add things to improve this VA!

It is my honour to present to you, this new and improved VA. My team and I have put blood, sweat, and tears into developing this VA and making sure, we as a team could make your stay as comfortable as possible. I want to firstly thank my team who have put all it takes into building a VA. I’m happy to see the progress this VA has made in the past years. And I’m confident it will succeed in the years to come. Happy landings!

Seanhickey456

Founder of ACVA

Hey! Do you have any questions? We got answers! Ask questions below for a response from a staff member or click below to see our most asked Questions

What are the requirements for pilots?

At Air Canada Virtual, we are happy to facilitate all skill levels, but we ask that you are between the Grades of 3 - 5. You also must be over the age of 13

How active do I need to be?

We require pilots to log at least 1 Flight every two (2) weeks. If you can not achieve this, please message our Flight Manager as soon as possible

What do you use for communications?

We communicate through the app, Slack. The channels are moderated by our Staff constantly to ensure a clean and friendly environment.

When you start your career and adventures with Air Canada Virtual, you’ll start with our Air Canada Express Fleet, this includes our regional and USA departures aircraft. The DH8D, CRJ2 and E175 are all aircraft you can start flying with anywhere in Canada and the USA!

Image above are aircraft unlocked at the Trainee rank.

View the whole fleet ->

Air Canada Virtual, has chosen a team that dedicates their spare time to make ACVA a wonderful place for all. Our Staff & Admins have experience in the Virtual Airline field of profession.
Click to see their names below.

President, @natedog508 Nate is our President and is ready to take charge and bring this VA back to its full potential! If you have any ideas for the VA, feel free to contact him. He’ll be working with the rest of the staff team to ensure the VA is a positive experience for all Pilots.
Deputy President, Vacant Information on this postition and/or this role is not availible. Please check back later for updates.
Events Manager, @CaptainMorin Alexander is our Events Manager, providing quality events for both the public and exclusive events for members of Air Canada Virtual. He works diligently to provide ACVA with the best for our pilots. If you have any input or ideas don’t hesitate to contact him at any time.
Flight Manager, @Tajay Tajay works as our Flight Manager, providing assistance with slack management, the training program, and managing our crew center. Feel free to shoot him a PM if you have any concerns or questions.
Recruitment, Vacant Information on this postition and/or this role is not availible. Please check back later for updates.

Since our opening in 2018, we’ve gone through multiple changes to our application process and selection process. As of now, we require pilots to log a flight every two (2) weeks. Additionally, we have put the following requirements in place as well:

• Age (13+)
  • IF Grade 3+
  • An Infinite Flight Pro Subscription
  • An Infinite Flight Community Account
  • Access to the Slack app
  • As proof, we ask for a photo of your Grade table

Upon your first few hours

Welcome to the team! We’re excited to have you. When you initially join, you will receive a PM from our staff team. This will include your brand new badge, your ACVA callsign, and your Crew Centre login credentials. Please do respond as soon as it’s most convenient for you. Failure to do so within 48 hours could result in termination from ACVA.

Note we do not have any test associated with our VA

Apply Here ->

Looking for Events? We have several that take place throughout the week and weekend!

Within our slack, we host multiple internal events and flash flights. Not only that but make sure to keep a lookout in #live:events for @CaptainMorin’s well put together events.

Types Of Events:

Project Hometown - Project Hometown is an event series featuring one (1) or two (2), members hometown airport. This gives all pilots a chance to explore their fellow peers’ hometown, bringing the community together.

Landing Competitions - Do you have great landing skills? Well, look no further than our Landing Competitions! In this event series, we head to one of our many airports within Canada for some nice and relaxing competition. A really great event for those who like bragging. ;)

Out With The Old, In With The New One of our rarer events to usually get released, but in this event series, we welcome a brand new aircraft and/or new livery into the fleet! We depart from the manufacturers’ airfields to one of our hubs in Canada.

We’re very proud to call the following VAs a Partner of Air Canada Virtual. The team of both parties put tremendous amounts of work to complete such a task. ACVA has teamed up with some VAs to further enhance the pilot experience on top of what we already offer. This allows ACVA and other parties to release more routes for pilots to fly. Along with routes, our partnerships also extend our fleet. Our network is quite huge, and we don’t plan on stopping.

American Virtual

American Virtual has always been one of Infinite Flight’s leading VAs With a vast network of mainline and codeshare routes, along with an extensive fleet, we were extremely to partner with them to host joint events and allow for more flying across the globe.

Thread | Website | Instagram

NonStop Virtual

We’ve teamed up with NSV to bring you even more routes, aircraft and events to fly! NSV, based in Germany, offers tons of routes to pick from. This has allowed us to maintain our European presence within Infinite Flight and the Community.

Thread | Website | Instagram

Air Canada Virtual Airlines is in no way affiliated with Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz, Air Canada Rouge, or any other affiliate/partner. Our logos are owned by Air Canada with slight modifications to them.

2020 Air Canada Virtual

44 Likes

This looks amazing. I’ll think about joining!

3 Likes

On Behalf of everyone at NSV we are so glad to be working together as both Leading Virtual Airlines in this community! Let’s get another joint event in soon. 😉🇩🇪

^ OC

4 Likes

What a beautiful thread you guys! 🇨🇦

2 Likes

Great thread. Hopefully u parter with our airlines

1 Like

That’s a gorgeous thread. Best of luck ACVA!

1 Like

Great thread guys!

1 Like

Join Us! 😀 we don’t bite, I promise
P.S. I love ACVA

2 Likes

Very nice thread! 👏
Everything is in it!

Well done Air Canada.

1 Like

Great thread 😍🇨🇦

1 Like

The thread is Perfect!

1 Like

Wow awesome thread!

1 Like

It looks great,good job!

1 Like

This thread is absolutely…

STUNNING!!!

1 Like

Where do you fly, because I can’t see it on your website

1 Like

I am apart of ACVA, and you can enter a flight for anywhere that Air Canada flies in real life!

1 Like

Thank you, that’s great!

1 Like

When should I be getting a answer for my application?

Hey… Staff will get back to u asap :)