Air Canada Virtual | A New Look, But The Same VA

Welcome To The Air Canada Virtual Airlines Official Thread!

WEBSITE - APPLY - FLEET - CREW CENTER - INSTAGRAM

Firstly, a message from the President himself:

Welcome to the official Air Canada Virtual Airlines thread. It’s my privilege to be leading this VA after being a staff member since day 1! After being in charge for almost half a year, I have seen this VA at our bottom and the only reason we got out of it is because of the team I am so fortunate enough to work with! What I have realized is that no matter if this is your third or your first time being in a VA, you will feel welcomed here. Thank you for checking out our VA and we hope to see you aboard soon!

ACVA President @natedog508

image We Are An IFVARB Approved Virtual Airline

“Travel, Explore, Experience | Vous voyagez, Vous explorez, Vous expérience”

Air Canada Virtual Airlines was founded in January of 2018 by Sean Hickey. He brought together a team of 5 individuals from many different VA’s with many different talents. Within 5 days of opening we had over 25 active pilots and were immediately making an impact in the community. In June of 2018, Sean decided that it was best if he moved on and put the VA in the hands of Nate. Since then, we have made many staff changes, updates & more all for the improvement of the VA’s quality by following the saying, “quality over quantity.” That is something we believe in and stick to every day as we add things to improve this VA!

That’s our past, now onto the present!

Here at the Air Canada Virtual, we have chose a team who dedicate their spare time to make ACVA a wonderful place! Our Staff & Admins have experience from multiple other VA’s and this makes us very unique. Click to see their names!

Staff Members
Name: Job: ACVA Callsign:
@natedog508 President ACVA001
@The_Geniusman Deputy President ACVA002
@Shane_Cullen Events Manager ACVA003
@CR3W Flight Manager ACVA004
@Xpira Human Resources ACVA005
@Velocity23 Recruitment Manager 1 ACVA006
@Shae_Lenae Recruitment Manager 2 ACVA007

We have changed the requirements to join our Virtual Airline! We are a VA for anyone to come and just fly and have fun as one big family, but we need to set standards for our Pilots.

To Apply, we ask you to meet the following requirements:

Age (13+)
IF Grade 3+
As proof we ask for a photo of your Grade table

Hey! You got Questions? We got answers! Ask questions below for a response from a staff member or click below to see our most asked Questions

What are the requirements for pilots?

Here at the ACVA we are happy to facilitate all skill levels, but we ask that you are between the Grades of 3 - 5. You also must be over the age of 13

How active do I need to be?

We require our Pilots to log at least 1 Flight a week, if you can not achieve this, please message our Flight Manager as soon as possible

Do you have a Crew Centre?

We sure do! Follow click here to Sign-up!

Please Do Not Sign-up until you have joined our Slack.

What do you use for communications?

We communicate though the app, Slack. The channels are moderated by our Staff constantly to ensure a clean and friendly environment.

Looking for Events? We have several that take place throughout the week and weekend!

Join our Slack for ACVA Flash Flights, and keep a look out in #live:events for @Xpira ’s well put together events.

Types Of Events:

Project Hometown - In this Event Series, we feature ACVA Member’s Hometown in the Infinite Flight World! This is our First “Project Hometown” Event

Landing Competitions - In this Event Series, we go from one Airport, to another where we score people based on their Landing Skills! We have a top 3 where they are awarded special prizes within the VA.

Out With The Old, In With The New - Here, we do Delivery flights of new Aircraft that are in service with Air Canada! Stay tuned for more…

Breaking%20Borders|

~Breaking Borders Partnership~

We at the Air Canada Virtual are happy to announce that we have struck a partnership deal with American Airlines Virtual and needless to say, it was certainly a great choice to partner with the AAV. We hope our Pilots love it too! This partnership is bringing codeshares, events and more, 2019 is looking great for both VAs.

What Does This Partnership Entail?

Codeshares:

We have each chosen 15 routes from the others airline! We chose some unique routes to make sure that we expanded our route network to the max. Check our routes below.

Codeshare Routes
Route Flight Number Aircraft
KSLC-KPHX AA450 (1B) A319
KMSY-KLAX AA1030 (E) B738
MUHA-KCLT AA802 A319
KTYS-KDCA AA236 (B) CRJ7
PHOG-KTUL AA9642 (B) B772
CYYZ-KJFK AA3386 (B) B737
KOKC-KCLT AA5264 C CRJ9
BIKF-KDFW AA231 B752
LIPZ-KORD AA43 B788
MZBZ-KDFW AA268 B738
MSLP-KMIA AA1494 (1A) B738
MYSM-KMIA AA2395 C A319
EGPH-KJFK AA279 (A) B752
LKPR-KPHL AA53 (1) B767
PHNL-KDFW AA8 B772

57%20PM

Events:

We will be having one event every month! These will feature our codeshare routes, flying to our favorite hubs and more!! Keep an update on #live:events for our first event.

Thank you for reading through our thread. We hope to see you aboard soon! -ACVA Management Team

Air Canada Virtual Airlines is in no way affiliated with Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz or Air Canada Rouge.

28 Likes

i love the new thread best of luck for the future

3 Likes

Amazing look fellas! Amazing VA to be a part of if I do say so myself 😍

1 Like

Beautiful thread, and nice new design! Glad to be apart of Air Canada Virtual!

2 Likes

Wow, what a great thread! Good luck to y’all!

2 Likes

Good luck in the future!

Happy flying!

1 Like

Looking good guys all the best!

Can I join

Hello, JS2!

Thanks for your consideration in Air Canada Virtual, at the top of our Thread, there is a link to apply for the VA, a usual wait of 24-48 will acure. Thanks for your patience and we hope to see your application soon!

I have submitted an application you should be able to see it

The ACVA has some important messages that will be announced in the upcoming hours.

-ACVA Management Team

7 Likes

Announcements:

We here at the ACVA have some amazing news to share. We have some new staff updates! @Xpira has decided that it is best if he drops down from Events manager to fill in the role of Human Resources! This means that Events manager needed filling and we have hired @Shane_Cullen, a Senior Commander with over 800 hours of flight time with the ACVA! We look forward to seeing what Shane will accomplish as he joins the staff team up in the cockpit!

Overview of staff changes:
Xpira --> Event Manager --> New Human Resources Manager
Shane --> Pilot --> Events Manager

Along with these staff changes, we have a few internal changes. They consist of new staff badges, an updated recruitment system, an updated callsigns sheet and an inactivity check which has been needed for some time. Thank you for reading and we will see you all in the skies!
-ACVA Management Team

11 Likes

Welcome to the team, @Shane_Cullen 🙃

2 Likes

Good luck the thread looks gr8
I wld apply but I’m in 3 VAs already

2 Likes

Thank you so much! A true honour!!

1 Like

Nice job Shane!

2 Likes

Interesting… Best of Luck @Shane_Cullen

3 Likes

Glad to see some fresh faces added to the staff team. I wish you the best of luck @Shane_Cullen

2 Likes

Thank you guys!

Always welcome to join anytime in the future if you wish!! 🙃