Air Canada Retiring All Airbus A319s, Boeing 767s, and Embraer 190s Early

I might have to fly that route in the 330 then 🤔

1 Like

aw man another E Jet lost from a big airline fleet -.- is it going to be stored or into another airline?

since the route is seasonal it would be over by now. just westjets is

2 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! God please no! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i will miss the adorable a319s, e jets andd 767s :(

2 Likes

Really? Westjet fly’s to those places. I didn’t know that.

What do you think they will send to places that got the E190? A mix of the E175 and A220?

I would think the A220 @snoman.

3 Likes

Yes Wesjet flies to Hawaii more than Air Canada does and one daily flight to kona. and lihue form october to april. Back on topic tho.

1 Like

anyway i will miss the aircrafts retiring including the 767

Terrible to see, but if it keeps the airlines afloat, so be it. But it’s terrible timing in that there is no demand for used aircraft or to recycle aircraft parts, so these will most likely not be passed onto a new owner and go to waste. Maybe parts will be salvaged for future demand from airlines.

I just realized, with ACs 767 gone I wonder what will fill in the gap on YYC-NRT? If it weren’t for the pandemic and lack of travel demands it could have been a decent opportunity for WestJet to try to expand into Asia.

1 Like

My guess would be the 787-8 as it’s a similar size.

1 Like

So RIP AC rouge? I feel like that’s a likely next step tbh, because according to my quick math they only have a handful of A321s now

1 Like

Actually… if the Air Transat merger goes through, what’s the point of Rouge? Maybe they’re expecting the merger to be approved so they slashed all of Rouge’s long-haul aircraft in anticipation of using Air Transat’s A330/A321LRs?

5 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot about that merger. It will be interesting to see what happens

I want remember this beauty in game… not in mind…

1 Like

AC Rouge also has 4 A320’s that they bought when WOW air went under.

No they have A321s and A320s

787-8 most likely

1 Like

Really sad to see the aircrafts being retired, especially the A319s and E190s.

Also this doesn’t look good for Rouge at all, which is sad as the holiday market seems to be really badly hit (potentials worse then other markets) by the current situation.

1 Like