Air Canada emergency landing at RJTT

Air Canada B77W AC1 bound from Toronto Canada to Tokyo Haneda with 381 passenger and crew just made an emergency landing at RJTT’s D runway at around 17:00 Japan Standard Time.
It is reported that the aircraft had some kind of trouble with the number 2 engin.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-air-canada-japan-landing/air-canada-boeing-777-makes-safe-emergency-landing-at-tokyos-haneda-official-idUSKCN1L90SZ

1 Like

77W with engine problems!? That’s pretty rare.

2 Likes

I don’t know what’s up with Air Canada but they are having alot accidents and incidents:)

No accident here, an incident - yes.

2 Likes

Not my mother tong. Sorry:)

Your English is much better than most of ours my friend :) haha

1 Like

I agree! I rarely see an engine-related incident involving a 777! mostly 787s and A320s

1 Like

Thanks! I try to keep my English as fluent as possible:)

1 Like

Possibly a bird strike. But if it is, pilots should have noticed the birds so kinda unlikely

I could never blame the 77W engine I’m blaming maintenance I’m that loyal to that amazing GE engine.

3 Likes

Lol, wouldn’t go that far. Maintenance ensures the engines are running safely and efficiently. Particularly if it’s just made a roast chicken!

1 Like

They are saying that it was a glitch on the 2nd engin.

As in software bug? That’s very surprising.

1 Like

I think so. Very surprising indeed. I thought Airbus was the only one with software bugs.

Nope, Boeing have more of those than Airbus, especially with the 787!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.