Air Belgium A330-900neo Delivery! (BRU/EBBR)

Hello everyone! I’m back again with a spotting topic.

It’s been a while, but for good reason, school has been keeping me rather busy unfortunately.

However, last Friday on the 8th of October, school ended at 12:05 for me which gave me and my spotting buddy a very special opportunity, to go see Air Belgium’s first A330-900neo being delivered to Brussels!

This was very exciting for us since we had not seen anything like that before. Air Belgium itself was a rare sight to me anyway, having only seen them once before this, and Belgium finally getting some new, sleek and modern aircraft from Airbus is something new as well.

Now I do have to warn you. Unfortunately it was very dark at the time of it’s landing, which means that my camera wasn’t exactly fast when it came to actually taking the shots, so I wasn’t able to get it amazingly, but I decided to put it on here anyway.

As always, these shots are edited.

Basic information:

• Landing runway: 01
  • Departing runway: 07L and 07R
  • Camera: Fujifilm X-T2
  • Lens: Fujifilm XF 100-400mm

And now, the photos!

To start off with, we went to one of the employee parking lots to go see one of Air Belgium’s “older” aircraft. Here we were able to get very close to an Air Belgium Airbus A340-300 (OO-ABA) which was actually getting a new engine installed.

And here we have the glorious pair of CFM56s (presumably one that was just removed and one that was going to be installed) under the right hand wing with some Sabena Aerospace workers.

Not too long after, we went to two different multi story parking garages to get a good vantage point of the departing runways and the landing runway. We ended up staying at that second parking garage for most of the day.

After climbing up onto our spot (literally, we had to climb on a little emergency exit building on the roof of the parking garage), we got a great view of one of the departure runways (07R) and the landing runway (01) as well as the TUI ramp.

On said TUI ramp we got to see TUI Airlines Belgium’s only Boeing 767-300 (OO-JNL) sitting parked.

After a few normal arrivals we got to see one of two “butter machines” of the day arrive. This Virgin Atlantic Airbus A330-300 (G-VRAY) came in for a landing after a short flight from Heathrow Airport (LHR/EGLL).

After some more time passed, the sun started going down. And with no sign of the A330-900neo on FlightRadar24 yet, we kind of accepted that it wouldn’t come until the sun was down.

Nevertheless, we stayed perched up on our spot, getting some more beautiful pictures in stunning lighting. Like this one, an Aegean Airbus A320 (SX-DNC) wearing the new livery arriving from Athens International Airport (ATH/LGAV).

A short while later, this ASL Airlines Belgium Boeing 747-400F (OE-ILC) started taxiing out to the runway for a very efficient, ultra long-haul flight to Liege Airport (LGG/EBLG).

Just before he departed however (which was an extremely short takeoff run, like literally shorter than a pair of CRJs), this Air Baltic Bombardier CS300 (YL-CSC) got clearance to line up for a flight to Riga International Airport (RIX/EVRA).

Warning! The quality of the next 3 images will unfortunately be terrible on account that either the sun decided to say “see ya”, or that Toulouse was being slow and delayed the departure of the next aircraft.

Anyway, onto the photos that were the whole point of this topic to begin with.

After the sun had set, and darkness consumed the runways, we saw the landing lights of a beauty off in the distance approaching. A few seconds later, the Air Belgium Airbus A330-900neo registered OO-ABG touched down for the first time at it’s home base at Brussels Airport directly from the Airbus delivery center at Toulouse Blagnac Airport (TLS/LFBO).

This is the best picture I got of it in full view.

This is an image I thought looked quite cool.

And after that spectacle, we finally climbed off of our perch on the parking garage, and descended to the ground floor of the parking garage to return back home.

But not before getting this shot. Unfortunately some architect thought it was a good idea to put a building in the way, but this is the clearest picture I have of this beauty.

And that’s it! It was an amazing experience, despite the fact that I didn’t really get any great shots of the A330-900neo. Who knows, maybe I’ll get lucky when the second one gets delivered.

Anyway I hope you liked the pictures, if you have some feedback I’d love to hear it and let me know what you thought of them.

See you in the next one everyone!

30 Likes

Amazing job! Always a beauty to see the A339 :). Love these photos keep up the good work!

-Ad.

1 Like

These. Are Amazing.

I think I have a new spotter to turn on notifs for 👏

1 Like

Thanks mate! I very much enjoyed seeing this beautiful aircraft in person.

@Robertine Thank you! That means a lot mate.

2 Likes

It certainly is, glad I was able to catch it when the sun was still setting.