Air Antwerp begins service [to London City (EGLC/LCY)]

That callsign though…
I also found out that Air Antwerp’s Fokker 50 was leased from Largus Aviation

1 Like

That’s correct although it is a former VLM aircraft.

1 Like

When do you all think Air Antwerp will get a second or even third aircraft maybe? I’m guessing in maybe 2 - 3 months.

I feel like they should get an ATR or Embraer next, or if they have the budget possibly a 737 or A320

1 Like

Would be great if Antwerp airport grows in the future. The biggest plane there lands now is a Tui E190…

1 Like

Because the runway is too short for other planes

2 Likes

@wingmandude It think they have a pretty low budget for now and will probably focus on shorter routes. The Fokker 50 is a very good option for starter short haul airlines since it’s cheaper than the ATR’s. But I do agree, an Air Antwerp ATR-42 or 72 would look nice and would be a gear addition. Maybe some other prop aircraft like the Saab 340 or 2000.

Maybe they fly to Paris or Amsterdam next?

1 Like

They might do, Air Antwerp is the onlyairline at the moment that does the EBAW - EGLC flight since Flybe stopped doing that route on the 1st of September I believe, Paris or Amsterdam would be pretty good aswel but I doubt they would fly to the main ones like Schiphol.

Yeah instead of schipol they could fly to Rotterdam and brand it as “south Amsterdam”
This is like what JetBlue used to do with Montreal I believe. They flew to Plattsburgh New York and branded it as Montreal. This must be awfully confusing for those passengers because a route branded as going to Canada only goes to the U.S.

1 Like

That’s awesome to see a new airline start!

1 Like

Welcome to the community!
It really is, I was very exited to hear about a new Belgian airline.

1 Like

Air Antwerp is looking for a name for their Fokker 50!

Who’s exited to see what the name turns out to be? I sure am!

They are still looking for a name, I personally can’t think of one xD.

What about ‘Antwerpy’?

That’s bad though.

1 Like

With the collapse of all these European airlines, I’m glad at least one airline is expanding.

I think Antwerpy is a good name @Captain_George_IF.

2 Likes

i reckon the next destination is amsterdam or paris, or somewhere in germany/deutschland

1 Like

Very well could be, also I think I read/heard somewhere that Air Antwerp will be getting at least 2 more Fokker 50 aircraft, not sure when tho.

Update: Air Antwerp will open 3 more routes to the UK.

These are:
Amsterdam - London Heathrow
Amsterdam - Manchester
Amsterdam - Newcastle

All these flights will be done by KLM with the Air Antwerp callsigns and flight numbers.
The reason behind this is so Air Antwerp won’t have extra expenses.
From what I know, these flight will start this Sunday.

1 Like

Great! I’m happy they’re “expanding”.

1 Like