AI [Computer Bot] Approach ATC

Some AI’s are very advanced and it will be hard to run on iOS/Android, however starting off, there should be coverage at a few airport’s which don’t receive much traffic and are not too complicated in approach and have a big layout such as KDFW. Also the AI doesn’t need to be too fancy, a simple AI that delivers instructions as stated above.

For example, there are numerous number of games on the Play Store/App Store where you play vs a computer bot [AI], such as chess, blackjack etc.

3 Likes

Get where you’re coming from, let’s continue this “debate” via pm.

1 Like

Can you all stop saying ‘oh this won’t be possible on a mobile flight simulator’ because it’s getting to the point where it is on every topic and people are making it seem like you can’t implement any more efficient things which you can.

I think this is a great idea especially if you are using approach plates which require vectors into airports.

3 Likes

IDK where you’ve been flying but I get told all the time cross XXX fix @ XXX altitude. That’s the basis of decent planning. Happens everyday at airports all over the world.

1 Like

I like this idea. In fact, every airport on the IF map that has a blue dot is considered a controlled airport which (I think) means that there are controllers there 24/7 so Aircraft can check in for assigned altitude, speeds, HDG, etc. This would be a huge thing to implement into the game, but it would make it much more realistic. You definitely have my vote!

1 Like

To be honest, it shouldn’t be super hard to implement this. You just need a computer linked through the internet or you own device to do some calculations with your position, altitude, etc. from the airport. You wouldn’t need an “AI” as in a computer that thinks on its own.

With realistic approaches coming in 20.1, this could be even more feasible now.