AI Airplanes

Hello everyone.
I have always been so disappointed when I flew into or out of an airport and there is no other plane there. It makes the game feel empty and lonely sometimes. I think that it would be great to have computer programmed planes that taxi around the airport and maybe even take off or land.
I know this is probably going to be too difficult because of all the programming but it would make Infinite Flight so much more fun.

I am not so sure how it will work… Having airplanes take off or land would be extremely difficult and I am not sure it will work out. And what the pint of aircarfts just taxiing through the airport? Won’t they conflict with other airplanes (us)? Won’t it be a pain in the neck for IFATC too?

There is a feature request for Static Aircrafts. You can vote it here:

1 Like

Hope to see it soon 👍

I like this idea,but this should be only for solo flights

2 Likes

There’s already thousands of other players on the server. This would be pretty hard to implement, and it would make the server pretty laggy.

1 Like

It could potentially work for Solo, but I would imagine it being a development headache given the number of airfields etc within the game. I wouldn’t suggest it for Live, recipe for disaster I reckon 😄 Nice idea though 👍🏻

Firstly, I think this WOULD be cool, but there are some definite downsides. This would take the devs a long time to make, and there are lots of other more pressing matters. Also, if you’d like a bigger crowd, fly into LAX or the airport of the day/week and experience the IFACT there. I think this is a decent idea, but you haven’t won my vote. Good luck!

1 Like

this would be cool tho!

I do not know if this can be in game. Even on FSX i just know Co Pilot AI

Bumping this :)