Afternoon Arrivals at KEWR | 03/21/2020

KEWR Spotting (Pre COVID-19)

Hello everyone! Thank you for checking out my first spotting topic. In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we are facing, I thought it would be nice to remind us of the good old days when we had giant metal objects filling the sky. With that being said, I have created this topic to share some of my shots that I took when I went spotting at KEWR right before things kicked in around America. The date was March 21st, 2020, (my birthday). Anyway, without further ado, I present to you my spotting at KEWR!

As a result of the pandemic, United Airlines has chosen to store some of their aircraft at the Terminal C Hardstands. Here’s a shot of it!

One of United’s few A320’s still in the old paint about to touchdown on 4R.

A United 737-900ER on final right before she pulls up to perform a go around due to idle traffic on Runway 4R.

Nice to see a bit of variation with different airlines. The Alaska 737-900ER sure does that!

I don’t mind the reverse gear tilt on the 763. What about you?

Jetblue who?

Wing flex on final? Hmmm…

We’ll just call this United’s version of the baby bus ;)

"Thank you for flying the friendly skies"

This is a rare sight. The BA 772 isn’t too common at KEWR.

Thanks for checking out my shots! This was an awesome experience and I look forward to doing this more often. That aside, I hope everyone is well and stay safe!

Information

These photos were taken with a Nikon D5000 and a 55-200mm lens. I have other shots with this camera as well as my GoPro and iPhone, however I am limited to 10 photos per topic.

Please note that these photos are mine and are copyrighted. If you would like to use any of these shots or save them, please PM me first. Thanks!

45 Likes

Nice shots the amount on united planes at KEWR is overwhelming

1 Like

Tell me about it! It does make sense though since KEWR is United’s only official East Coast hub

2 Likes

Oh yeah thats my kind of spotting!

Very nice pics! It’s a shame that EWR has so many gate/fences 🤢. Kind of annoying for spotting, but once you find a workaround to getting shots of the beauts, it’s always worth it 😍

One question however, where have you done your spotting? I know of IKEA but I don’t know many other places. Prob bc im lazy but I would love to try new locations haha

1 Like

Thanks for the compliment! In regards to where I recommend spotting, Ikea is the best place, however the first shot of the planes at the hardstands were taken at the Economy Parking Lot P4, right next to Terminal C. I also got a shot of SQ21, Singapore’s A359 that does KEWR-WSSS there, however I couldn’t add it because of the 10 photo limit :(.

Anyway, I will provide a link of the recommendations for where to place yourself. Hope this helps :)

1 Like

KEWR is my home airport. There is some great spotting there. Great pictures!

2 Likes

If only they let us on the rooftops of the abandoned ToysRUs 😂

1 Like

Thank you! I very much appreciate that. And yes, amazing spotting. My house happens to be right over the standard flight plan for RWY 22L so I get to see some amazing birds fly over

KEWR is my home airport as well. I am about 25 minutes north

1 Like

I couldn’t wish for anything more 😂

1 Like

That’s awesome. my house is right under the departure for 4R. Some amazing planes fly over. @Z-Tube

1 Like

@masterkiwi I bet! I wouldn’t mind watching N12012 rotate from there :)

1 Like

Is N12012 a 78X just searched it on Flight aware. @Z-Tube

1 Like

@masterkiwi Yes, N12012 is a 78X. She was the second 78X to roll out in the new livery after N12010

oh ok thanks

Do you like the new livery?

@Z-Tube

1 Like

@masterkiwi I absolutely love it! The old livery wore me out and they needed a change ASAP. What about you? What are your thoughts on it?

Same here I love the blue on the engines @Z-Tube

1 Like

Spot on! That has to be my favorite part (after the fact that all the aircrafts have the curved blue stripe)

@Z-Tube

The old tulip livery still wins though.

1 Like

We might have to disagree there. I liked it, but I felt it was too much. I like this one since it’s more simple

1 Like

@Z-Tube

That is fair I could see how you dislike it.

1 Like