Afterburners for Fighter Aircraft

AFTERBURNERS

Welcome to the afterburners feature request thread!

Credit:https://www.reddit.com/r/educationalgifs/comments/8m9ke4/afterburner_animation_in_military_combat_aircraft/

WHAT ARE AFTERBURNERS FOR?

An afterburner is a component present on some jet engines, mostly those used on military supersonic aircraft. Its purpose is to provide an increase in thrust, usually for supersonic flight, takeoff, and combat situations. Afterburning is achieved by injecting additional fuel into the jet pipe downstream of (i.e. after) the turbine.

WHY DO I WANT THIS?

All our current military fighter aircraft,such as the F-22,F-16,and F-14 all do not have afterburners. I think that adding this would add a great deal of realism to the game. It would work by first tapping on the systems button,then next to the sections labeled engine 1 and engine 2, there would be a afterburner button.

Please tell me your opinions below!

A similar request, but only for F-14, I think your is more details. Let the mod think.

3 Likes

I don’t think there is a way to troll given the 250 kts IAS cutoff and aerobatics in expert.

2 Likes

No,last night I asked Misha if he can close the old feature request for afterburners.

There is another one and it not close, like I said, Let the Mod think. Your topic has more detail and the older one is likely to close.

What makes you think the aircraft do not have afterburners in IF? Just because there are no particle effects?

The aircraft perform just like they have afterburners, and in fact, the F-22 has an obvious increase in Delta Fuel Burn Rate/ Power at Around 70% Power. That also translates into being an increase in Delta Thrust / Power at 70%. The only explanation is afterburners

5 Likes

Add the fact that there is a sound effect that we can hear near 107%N1

1 Like

this should be added to All fighter aircraft…

I think this would be one of the best additions to IF ! Just imagine flying your jet in the evening like this ✈️

4 Likes

Maybe with Project Metal !