After landing - weird 360 on ground

Hey everyone,

I don’t know if this has been seen before, but once in a while, when I touch down, the plane becomes uncontrollable, and the plane starts doing these 360’s on the ground, and I end up somewhere on the taxiway. Is this a glitch, or is it my device? [This only happens occasionally.]

Cheers.

Could you get a replay of this happening? It may be easier to identity the problem that way. :)

1 Like

This can normally occur on aircraft like the A380, 747, A340, etc.

It’s normally just because you may be approaching too fast or landing nose-gear first, etc.

1 Like

Said first by @Tsumia

1 Like

Don’t forget the horrible 757 that is completely uncontrollable

2 Likes

You probably just need to use more rudder

1 Like

It is odd, as I was pretty slow on approach and I did not land on the nose gear. I guess that just happens.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it!

I will try and upload it to YouTube, I will PM you the link once it uploads. :)

This normally happens when you land with a speed that is too fast for your aircraft. It has happened to me before

1 Like

Okay, I will make sure I’m landing at the accurate speed next time.

Thanks toe very one for their responses!

1 Like

Do you know how to correct for crosswinds? If you don’t, that could be it.

1 Like

I don’t think it was crosswinds, the wind was at 4kts and it was facing the same direction the airplane was going.

Solution:

An A380-800 landing at 175Knots on the runway, and right after touch-down, the nose gear hit the ground quite hard [my fault] which resulted in a couple 360 ground spins.

Thanks for everyone’s help!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.