After Depature, Contact "Frequency" on "xxx.xx" command

What is this?
This is a instruction used IRL to ensure that the departing aircraft contacts the Radar controller immediatly after take-off. The instruction is told ON the Take-off clearence. This generally happens when there's a lot of traffic. Also, other countries uses this command as a common instruction.

What would look like if we use it in IF?

Tower: N757MX, Runway 18C, Cleared for (immediate) takeoff. After depature, contact Radar on 135.29

N757MX: Cleared for Takeoff, Runway 18C, and contacting Radar on 135.29 after depature, N757MX

WHY WE SHOULD HAVE THIS?

If you are a ATC controlling a very busy overloaded class Bravo airport, and you want to reduce your workload very quickly, you can use this command to make sure that the departing traffic contacts Radar after they take-off, without the danger that you forget about the aircraft, which makes more stress. Also, you let the pilots know the Frequency change on the Takeoff clearence, so they don’t have to request it and switch to Radar.

Feel free to vote it :)
Is always appreciated

Edit: If you don’t know what is it, you have to search a lot :)

I say yay, anything that brings more realism is a good thing

2 Likes

but this is to promote more “success”

1 Like

I’m going to be completely honest here, I’ve never heard that being said on LiveATC…

IFATC procedure is to let the aircraft depart, and usually around 1,000 feet AGL, hand the aircraft off to radar or a “frequency change approved” (if there is no radar services present). From my experiences listening to SoCal airports on LiveATC, frequency changes are always given after the aircraft is airborne, rather than with the takeoff clearance. Please do correct me if I’m wrong, though.

Believe it or not, this instruction exist. In some contries, for example, Mexico, they usually use this command on the takeoff clearence to ensure that the aircraft contacts them after depature (when available obviously).

So I invite you to explore outside the SoCal airports. Why not Mexico? Just put the subtitle to “English” (they speak spanish) and listen to the Tower ATC (I recommend MMMX). In other countries also uses this, And I have to explore what these are too.

Have a Nice one mate :)

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that is general protocol. I don’t see the entire point of this, but hey, it looks interesting.

3 Likes

It may not be common in SoCal but it’s quite common in other countries and airports. It’s actually a very realistic procedure. I’ll free up a vote for it!

5 Likes

Thanks for the support :)

1 Like

I’ve heard it used in the U.S a few times. In Vegas, i’ve heard “Southwest ###, cleared for takeoff runway 19L, after passing 1,000ft contact Las Vegas Departure on 119.##”.

1 Like

Yeah, This is a realistic procedure as @Ryan_Gibb said

I think this is a great idea

1 Like

It is a very common command in Canada. Would make for a more realistic operation if added.

1 Like

I listen to LiveATC and KBWI does this some times they something like this: Southwest 1633 Runway 28, cleared for take off wind 249@6 fly runway heading until 2,000 turn left 200 and contact Departure

1 Like

Just because you dont hear it on LiveATC.net doesnt mean that it doesnt happen. I agree with this as with my experience in my local airspace when they are busy they will give you a departure vector and likely a handoff. Excellent idea and you got my vote.

1 Like

It is different in different countries. China is telling the frequency, and it may not be done in other countries.

This would bring realism to the game. Definitely gonna vote for this one:)

1 Like

Sadly I don’t have a vote for this YET. However you have my full support for this! Anything which adds more realism is appreciated.

1 Like

In India too, I’ve heard this sometimes:) And @Mateo_CD thanks for requesting this feature! It would help some of us who are controlling, not that I face some difficulty but you’ll feel realistic when you’re controlling! Also you’ve got one of my vote 😉

2 Likes

Heard it it before too, a few Asian countries use it regularly.

Although the format is slightly different from your post - its frequency/wind/special instruction first then the take off clearance.

For example:
“Malaysian 115, when airborne contact Lumpur radar 125.35, surface wind 300@5, runway 32R cleared for take off”.

Slightly off topic question but: how have you heard this in India? I’m curious because I’ve been trying to listen in on Indian ATC for a while now to get familiar with radio procedures and I can’t find any way to do so.

3 Likes