Afriqiyah Airways A320-200

About Afriqiyah Airways

Afriqiyah is a Libyan airline based at Tripoli’s Mitiga International Airport. They fly an all-airbus fleet including the A320 to many destinations around North Africa, Eastern Mediterranean and Middle East including Amman, Tunis, Istanbul, Cairo, Jeddah, and N’Djamena.
They were established in April 2001, and began operations many months later with the B737-400. In 2003 they retired the 737 and switch to the current airbus fleet which they previously flew farther into Europe to cities like Rome, and Brussel but ended that service in 2015.
In July 2020, they ceased operations at the old Tripoli International Airport, and moved to Mitiga where they operate a smaller, more local route next work.

Why this livery?

I think we need this livery because it would add so many flight unique and fun opportunities for IF pilots that currently can’t be achieved with the generic A320.
If this livery was added, it would also finally give pilots the chance to fly A320’s of both national airlines. Libyan Airlines currently being the only available livery.

Sources

Afriqiyah Airways - Wikipedia
Mitiga International Airport - Wikipedia
Aircraft Photo of 5A-ONN | Airbus A320-214 | Afriqiyah Airways | AirHistory.net #576153

Cheers 🫡 🇱🇾
United403

A350 would be sick too

It’s already on the A350

2 Likes

@Ryan_15 I know it’s a very clean livery

Thanks bud 😄

1 Like

No problem

Why have I been pinged. Cool feature requests. I don’t know what else is happening.

1 Like

2 Likes

I agree its fun to have diversity in aviation :)

1 Like

Would rather have this livery on the A320 than the A359!

3 Likes