Africa | Region Tracking Topic

Africa Region

This IFATC region represents the entire continent of Africa which is home to destinations like Cape Town, Cairo, Nairobi, and more! Whether you’re looking for a short or long haul this region has you covered while taking you over some of the most awe-inspiring landscapes of the world.

Check the topic comments below to see what frequencies are being staffed by ATC in this region, important airport information, and more!

STAFFED EVENTS

Do you want IFATC to staff your event? Publish your event in the #live:events category, ensure you use the correct region tag for your event’s location, and a member assigned to the ATC region will express their team’s intent to provide services for your event.

EVENTS:

FAQ

What are ATC region assignments?

The Infinite Flight ATC (IFATC) team operates globally on the Expert Server using a region assignment program. This program allows all IFATC members to select a region, regardless of physical location, where they may control any airport/frequency for which their rank qualifies. Members will remain in their assigned region for 30 days before being eligible to transfer. Extended assignments allow for more ATC proficiency and familiarity in the assigned region!

How can I join IFATC?

Head to our ATC Recruiting Topic, read all instructions, ensure you meet the requirements, then submit an application to begin!

How does a "Region Tracking Topic" work?

Each assignable region of IFATC has it’s own tracking topic for improved ATC/pilot engagement which offers controllers an additional location to indicate which airports they’re opening in real-time. Controllers may advise when opening and closing by commenting on this topic. Pilots should avoid commenting with excessive ATC requests.

How can I see the current IFATC region staffing?

The number of controllers assigned to each region can be found by visiting if-atc.com/stats. Looking for more ATC in a particular region? Join the effort and become part of the staffing you want to see!

Do I need Staff/Moderator permission to receive IFATC staffing at my event?

No, members of the assigned region are encouraged to comment directly on the published #live:events to express their team’s intent to provide ATC services! Event creators should avoid contacting individual controllers privately for service, instead publishing the event publicly.

How can I improve the likelihood of ATC staffing my event?

When creating an event with ATC in mind ensure the following:

• The featured airports have ATC frequencies
  • The featured airports has ample parking and ramp space
  • The featured theme would be complimented by ATC (airshows and landing competitions are often best without ATC on the Casual Server)
  • The event offers a variety of airports in reasonable proximity to allow for a smooth flow of Air Traffic
  • Event instructions are clear, concise, and not overly restrictive
How can I appeal my Level 2 or 3 Violation?

If reported by ATC on the Expert Server for an infraction you will be issued a Level 2 or Level 3 Violation. This may be appealed here on the Community Forum by sending a direct message to @appeals where you should provide your callsign, display name, location, details surrounding the report, and a replay file which can easily be uploaded here!

27 Likes

Awesome, really can’t wait to see events within this beautiful continent.

2 Likes

Welcome to Africa tracking thread and feeling good to be controlling Africa! 💪🏼🌍

4 Likes

FAOR (Johannesburg) is now CLOSED

9:25Z PM
Saturday, May 1, 2021
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

• Tower, Ground, ATIS

All departures can expect and 03L Landings can be planned for 03B.

ATIS / O R Tambo airport, ATIS information FOXTROT, time 2212 ZULU, Wind 080 at 9 Visibility 21, Temperature 7, Dew Point 6, QNH 1029. Landing Runways 03L and 03R, Departing Runways 03L and 03R. Advise on initial contact, you have information FOXTROT.

6 Likes

FZIC tower is open.

Beautiful lush scenery next to the Congo River.

Come fly some patterns!
Open for about an hour. Runway 13 in use

8 Likes

HECA (Cairo) is now CLOSED

Until 06:10:00 UTC

• Tower, Ground, ATIS

All departures can expect and 05C & 05L Landings can be planned for 05L,05C,05R

ATIS / Cairo airport, ATIS information ALPHA, time 0458 ZULU, Estimated wind 160 at 7, Visibility: Missing, Temperature: Missing, Altimeter: Missing. Landing Runways 05R, 05C and 05L, Departing Runways 05R, 05C and 05L. Advise on initial contact, you have information ALPHA.

1 Like

DAAG (Alger) is now * CLOSED*

• Until: 06:40Z

• Tower, Ground, ATIS

Come do some pattern!

All departures can expect and 27, Landings can be planned for 23 & 27.

ATIS / Alger airport, ATIS information ALPHA, time 0541 ZULU, Wind 100 at 3 Visibility 4, Temperature 14, Dew Point 12, QNH 1017. Landing Runways 27 and 23, Departing Runways 27 and 23. Advise on initial contact, you have information ALPHA.

1 Like

Opening GOBD in 45 min

2 Likes

Short delay. I’m currently switching back to non Beta for Infinite flight

Closed DAAG for a break.

Next airport to be opened is GMMN.
Read Event for some details.

Cheers

1 Like

FAOR (Johannesburg) is now * CLOSED*

until 08:38:00 UTC

Wednesday, 5 May 2021

• Tower, Ground, ATIS

All departures can expect 21R and Landings can be planned for 21B.

ATIS / O R Tambo airport, ATIS information BRAVO, time 0742 ZULU, Wind 170 at 5 Visibility 6, Temperature 15, Dew Point 5, QNH 1025. Landing Runways 21R and 21L, Departing Runways 21R and 21L. Advise on initial contact, you have information BRAVO.

2 Likes

HEGN (Hurghada Intl) is now CLOSED

until 18:05:00 UTC

Thursday, 6 May 2021

• Tower, Ground, ATIS

All departures can expect 34R and Landings can be planned for 34B.

ATIS / Hurghada airport, ATIS information ALPHA, time 1702 ZULU, Wind 050 at 4 Visibility 6, Temperature 34, Dew Point 11, QNH 1009. Landing Runways 34R and 34L, Departing Runways 34R and 34L. Advise on initial contact, you have information ALPHA.

3 Likes

FACT (Cape Town Intl) is now CLOSED

until 20:05:00 UTC

Saturday, 8 May 2021

• Tower, Ground, ATIS

All departures can expect 19 and Landings can be planned for 19.

ATIS / Cape Town airport, ATIS information BRAVO, time 2002 ZULU, Wind 130 at 4 Visibility 21, Temperature 14, Dew Point 13, QNH 1026. Remarks, no pattern work allowed. Landing Runway 19, Departing Runway 19. Advise on initial contact, you have information BRAVO.

1 Like

I’m sorry but this is just sad.

3 Likes

FAOR (Johannesburg) is OPEN

Open Time : 13:30:00 UTC

Tuesday, 18 May 2021

• Tower, Ground, ATIS

All departures can expect 03L and Landings can be planned for 03B.

Pattern work allowed

Busiest Route FAOR - FACT

And here is the map flight to pick up your flight to Johannesburg.

Source

ATIS / O R Tambo airport, ATIS information BRAVO, time 1442 ZULU, Wind 310 at 8 variable between 280 and 340, Visibility 6, Temperature 19, Dew Point 0, QNH 1028. Landing Runways 03L and 03R, Departing Runways 03L and 03R. Advise on initial contact, you have information BRAVO.

2 Likes

FACT Cape Town open now.

Come and see the 3D buildings. Fly to/from FAOR (with 3D buildings too)

2 Likes