AFKLM_Alexandre's ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ LFPO

Hello guys, I will start an ATC session at Paris Orly, training for IFATC exam, all people wanting to help by doing some pattern me are welcome!

How long do you plan on staying open for?

maybe 30minutes @CollinFlys

I’ll stop by callsign NAZ32

1 Like

nice, thx a lot !

1 Like

Sry barely know orly

1 Like

thx for being here man !

1 Like

Forgot to put landig gear down on landing
Here are my thoughts

• You did a great job with my runway change request giving me pattern instructions that will be huge in your test as I have taken and failed it before

• When a aircraft is doing touch and goes traffic instructions ARE NOT NECESSARY! They are only Necessary if a plane is on transition. This is a game changer in your test

• Transitions will come up in your test also. With those you have to know the aircraft in your towers vicinity. If it is a Commercial aircraft they have a pattern altitude on 1500 ft if a separate plane request transition add 1000 to the commercial plane in the pattern, So the call would be transition approved at or above 2500 ft. If it is a GA aircraft they have a pattern altitude of 1000 so transition approved at or above 2000.

1 Like

But you did great and I am confident you will pass do not stress

1 Like

thanks for the tip, very nice to have this kind of people like you on IFC ! Thanks a lot !

1 Like

If you want to see some pattern work and check out your landing skills attend my event also tower is available

Great ATC work today and I hope to see you as a IFATC controller in flight

1 Like

I will see for sure !

1 Like

I’ll go if your still open

2 Likes

Thanks a lot👍

thx but I will close, sorry

Ok no worries for the next then

2 Likes

You still need to maintain 1000 ft of separation from any aircraft. If there’s a jet doing patterns and a GA requesting transition, 2000 ft would only give 500 ft separation, which is not enough.

The minimum transition altitude that you should be giving in any situation is 2500 (unless the airport is below 0 ft MSL). It could be more, depending on the altitude of the airport.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.