AeroMexico 737-800 Contigo Livery “N359AM”

About AeroMexico

Aerovías de México, S.A. de C.V. operating as Aeroméxico, is the flag carrier airline of Mexico based in Mexico City. It operates scheduled services to more than 80 destinations in Mexico; North, South, and Central America; the Caribbean, Europe, and Asia. Its main base and hub is in Mexico City, with a secondary hub in Monterrey, and focus cities in Cancún, Guadalajara, and Tijuana. Aeroméxico Headquarters Building is in the financial district on Paseo de la Reforma overlooking the Diana the Huntress Fountain.

Grupo Aeroméxico includes Aeroméxico mainline and Aeroméxico Connect (regional subsidiary). The group held #1 place in domestic market share with 36.6%, and #2 place behind American Airlines with 15.3% of the international market share, in the 12 months ending March 2014, becoming Mexico’s largest domestic airline group. Aeroméxico is one of the four founding members of the SkyTeam airline alliance, along with Air France, Delta Air Lines, and Korean Air.

Aeroméxico works closely with the U.S. carrier Delta Air Lines, which owns part of Aeroméxico and in 2015 announced its intention to acquire up to 49%. On 8 May 2017 a joint commercial agreement (JCA), came into effect, whereby the airlines share information, costs and revenues on all their flights between the United States and Mexico.

In 2016, the company flew 19,703,000 passengers (up 5.0% vs. previous year), of which 13,047,000 domestic (+3.7%)and 6,656,000 international (+7.6%). It flew 34,776,000 revenue passenger kilometers (RPKs), had 43,362,000 available seat kilometers (ASKs), and an 80.3% load factor.

About AeroMexico Contigo:

Aeroméxico, the largest global airline in Mexico, announced the presentation of Aeroméxico Contigo, a product that provided various benefits to passengers residing in Mexico or the United States, who for various reasons traveled frequently between both countries.

The configuration of the Boeing 737-800 aircraft that were used to make the Aeroméxico Contigo flights allowed to optimize operating costs, which translated into more attractive rates for customers. They also had more space between seats thanks to the interior of the cabin of the aircraft, as well as a special service in the Call Center and personalized attention at the documentation counters at the participating airports.

Requested Aircraft Information:
Plane - 737-8CX
Serial Number - 32359
Age - 15.9 y/o
First Flight: 12/12/2001

Plane history:

Delivery Date Airline Registration
14/01/2002 GOL Transportes Aereos PR-GOJ.
27/04/2010 AeroMexico N359AM
09/07/2015 Eastern Airlines N277EA
10/08/2017 Swift Air N277EA
11/08/2017 Havana Air N277EA

The airplane is now active flying for Havana Air leased from Swift Air.

Sources:

http://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-b737ng-32359.htm
www.flickr.com Picture by Arturo Zapata

i love the aireo mexico livery but threes only one change to it

1 Like

I don’t mean to be rude but the Contigo Livery looks a bit bland…

From my eyes I can only see extra stripe and the words Contigo,
would you mind adding a bit of information on what Contigo means and why the livery is special?

Summary

Sorry if I misspelled ‘Contigo’

2 Likes

SURE, thanks for the comment!

I’m a big fan of AeroMexico but this is just too boring to be in IF. I’d rather have the Quetzalcoatl or the ones with a pyramid on the side.

1 Like

Nice livery, but I think the FDS said something about not adding special liveries to IF.
(Besides the Boeing 717-200 AirTran Atlanta Falcons)

I don’t think they’ve said that. Because we do have that KLM Orange pride and that was very recent update.

1 Like

I must have been hallucinating in that case, or they said sports liveries. :-|

2 Likes

“Contigo” means “With You” and is a travel program for US citizens and Mexicans who travel frequently between this two countries. That’s what I know until now.

3 Likes

I did this topic with this specific livery for not getting confused and close this letting the “Split Scimitar Winglets” stay alone without requesting a normal NG 737 with AeroMexio Paint 😛

1 Like

This livery on the Boeing 737-800 looks simply stunning !

2 Likes

This is a very nice-lookin livery! I especially love seeing the B738 with the splits!
There’s just too many important things to vote for right now though, so I’m out of votes…
Sorry.

Since your suggestion differs in some livery details from this topic, you could create a topic for that livery of your photo if no one has created it yet.

Bringing this topic up again. Will be nice to see this livery in the game. Or at least the normal livery. Only 3 Latin American liveries, wouldn’t be bad seeing another one. Latin American liveries are usually ignored 😦

1 Like

Yes please 🙏🏻 Hopefully we will have it in the next update, let’s be positive:)

Im going to vote for this!
I Ike it because it’s different and I love Aeromexico!

1 Like

It would be unfair if American Airlines gets many liveries a not Aeromexico, I definitely support this livery!

1 Like