Aerolineas Argentinas flight bound for Buenos Aires suffers engine difficulty at New York JFK

No evidence of fire, they say, no evidence of fire…

2 Likes

It was a compressor stall. The engine is new allong with all plane. Newest in fleet.

1 Like

It made people click on it. Now look at all of those advertisements, this truly is the modern media.

3 Likes

Using bad times for ads. Wow…

1 Like

See above, the flames etc. are a surge caused by compressor stall. If the pressure flow through the donk wasn’t reversed you would, in all probability, get a tail pipe fire with excessive fuel for a disrupted air flow. Anything banging like that with sparks out the front is a surge.

Loud, lumpy and hot.

As you correctly state caused by a compressor stall. Busted rotors and stators I would guess.

1 Like

Maybe they’re not operating the engines properly? If it’s new you’d expect these things to happen sometimes. I thought compressor stalls are very rare on modern engines.

Not rare at all! Very common. And it isn’t a pilot malfunction.

Well if it hasn’t happened anywhere in the world around this time, and it has happened to Aerolineas Argentinas twice with the A330, I would say they should take more precaution with operating these new engines.

No, it did happen more times, not only to Aerolíneas Argentinas. I just happen to mention only aerolíneas argentinas incident, there isn’t a pilot mistake when starting to roll, saw problem, engine in idle and not even using engine fire extinguisher.

But if u want to believe it was pilot mistake u are free to do so! But that’s not what happened here.

Cheers

My dad took this exact aircraft last month…

1 Like

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is what happens when you have a lot of hot spinning parts. Explosions can happen, and it is always spectacular when things do explode.

1 Like

I agree with Ivo here. I was on a Thomas Cook A330-200 that was delayed for 3 hours because of a problem with the left engine. Perhaps there’s a very minor design flaw with their engines?

1 Like

Some more info:

http://www.avherald.com/h?article=4a4b9878&opt=0

Topic title changed due to sensation seeking.

3 Likes

well, this is happeneing more often. I’m not saying it will change something but I’m sure a professional company as Airbus is trying to look if there is some sort of connection between all incidents. Again; i have no information I’m assuming here on how this big companies work regarding security and safety

If somebody wants to change the title at least make sure it makes sense 😂

1 Like

It does make sense

Aernout changed it.

YES it has been changed, now describes better what happened and not show for media

1 Like

It didn’t totally.

And @GuitartIvo that was from the article, so I wasnt wrong for doing that.

1 Like

Again, I’m not talking about you, im talking about media.

1 Like

No. it was operated by Malaysian before

1 Like