Aerolíneas Argentinas 777 or 330 NEO

Hello! Aerolíneas Argentinas is announcing a new plane. I heard 777 or the 330NEO.

Here is the announcement pic, what do you guys think it is?

• 330NEO

0 voters

1 Like

I was convinced it was NEO but then I see this pic and could be 777 too

1 Like

The airline can’t give the back to the 777. I’m imagining the livery in the 777, would look great!

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more! I love the 330 but the 777 is something different!

3 Likes

Maybe @NEO can help us decide on this one ? ;)

4 Likes

I like the A330 NEO.

8 Likes

Look at this nose, Awsome ! ! ! A330 Forever…

1 Like

I hope it’s the a330neo. Airolineas Argentinas already operate the a330. I think ordering the a330neo would be a better decision than to order a brand new aircraft.

3 Likes

Yes, no need to retrain pilots.

2 Likes

It’s the neo the nose gives it away

3 Likes

Except that it subsiquently was used to announce the airline being nominated for a Freddie award.

2 Likes

Hahahaha, but the plane is coming too, replacing A340

While the 777 is my favorite aircraft they will choose the NEO because of common type rating, it’s to replace the 340 so there is no need for extra range, and the 330NEO is cheaper overall than the 777 (unless Boeing gave Aerolineas a major discount)

2 Likes

Yes, NEO should be the wisest choice. They are replacing the 340 so they thought about 777300Er cause Madrid, Barcelona and Rome were operated by 747, then 340 reducing capacity and so 330 would be reducing it also. Also; they just signed a 20 737 contract including 8 MAX so maybe coming back Boeing long haul was a chance. With Airbus they just delivered the last of 3 contract so there is no new bond to them at the moment.

1 Like

There is a need in range. They still had the 340 just because with current 330 they get there with fuel limits to Rome . But NEO or any 777 solves it too.

I meant they are not opening any routes that are beyond what the A340 currently operates. So no need for the extra 600miles the 300ER would offer (Comparing between the 900NEO and the 300ER)

1 Like

Yeah, sorry, I meant saying they have a range problem now, that’s why they are retaining the 340. But I agree with u, this problem is solved by any of the choices.

That’s a definite A330 nose, but I wish they got the 777. Their livery would look awesome on it.

1 Like

They would be wise to go with the 777. They would have them within a year or 2. Boeing hasn’t had many recent orders so they could easily have one of the next frames being built. The A330 neo still hasn’t even flown and it will be roughly a year before the first is delivered and longer since TAP is the launch customer. They need something sooner so they can phase out their old planes.

2 Likes

Gear is to short for a 777

2 Likes