Aerogal B757-200

With the recent news of the 757-200 being reworked, I’d like to introduce a livery that is representative of my culture. Here’s the Aerogal 757-200. Interested? Read more about it below.

Aircraft

The photographed aircraft above is one of 2 757s that Aerogal has in their fleet. They were used between 2008 and 2012, servicing the cities of Quito and Guayaquil to Miami. This is the 757 that does not have winglets. The other airframe, HC-CIY is equipped with winglets and I’ll attach a link to it right now (this is just for you to see the difference- not a double request).

Airline

Aerogal Aerolíneas Galápagos was an Ecuadorian airline that ran from 1985 to 2014 under its original name. The history is a bit complicated, so I’ll do my best to explain. Here’s what you need to know: Aerogal is still active, but now is named Avianca Ecuador, because monopolizing your airline disguised as subsidiaries in other regions is what it’s about. In 2009, the airline merged with Avianca and in 2012 Avianca merged with TACA from Central America, which explains why Avianca has so many subsidiaries in Latin America. All Aerogal operated aircraft now sport a sticker labeling that the flight is operated by them, so at least there’s still some remnant of them.

Livery

So this begs the question: Why this livery? Well I stated earlier that it was representative of my culture and here’s why. I’m from Ecuador and this airline is too. There are many images and symbols that represent the country, or more specifically, the Galapagos. The iguana and the birds are native to our country and the flag you see under the cockpit windows is that of the city of Guayaquil, where the airline is based. After all, we are one of the most biodiverse countries on the planet.

Hope you enjoyed this neat feature request of an unheard airline. Please vote if you can! And before you go here’s a list of the routes you can fly:

From Miami:

• Guayaquil
  • Quito

From New York

• Guayaquil
  • Quito

Sources:
Wiki Article