Aerobatics Violation Timing

Yes, I just got an aerobatics violation. Was it my fault, no. It was because my joystick disconnected on takeoff, and the nose indefinitely pulled up, I trimmed full nose down to pull out of the loop, but then it was too late, and I got the vio. Do I want it removed? It would be helpful, but that’s not what this was about. There was a timing of 10 seconds between the warning and the vio. Is that the usual amount? I’ve gotten vios before, and there was 30 seconds of time between the warning and the violation. I’m just a bit confused, is the time between the aerobatics warning and the aerobatics violation supposed to be 10 seconds?

4 Likes

The timing is 20 seconds and always has been 20 seconds…which is more than enough time to pull out of any acrobatic manoeuvre.

1 Like

I had 10 seconds… I can prove it to you. Give me a sec

1 Like

Even if your joystick disconnected - as far as I am aware it automatically gives back control to your device’s accelerometer- so using your device to get of the dive will have helped you.

It doesn’t give me back control if my joystick disconnects, it keeps the same axis, might just be me though

2 Likes

Can you send a video then…

When I say disconnected, I mean the connection between the joystick and the WiFi to get to my iPad stopped. That’s not the point anyways. I’m confused as to why it is 20 seconds, but I only had 10.

There is a 10 second difference between the two times

1 Like

Well this is then your problem.

Also:

In the timeline of the replay - the two yellow bars are roughly 20 seconds apart - one at 00:00:40 and one at 00:01:00

1 Like

The bars in the lighter gray area are disconnections (purple lines, except for the last one which was when the plane started drifting off the runway, hence the taxi speed warning)), likely when the joystick disconnected. The yellow bar in the dark gray is the warning, and the end of the flight is the vio

1 Like

In this shot from your photo with the timeline - the two circles are where yellow lines are (the first one is right next to a pink line if you look closer) so they were 20 seconds apart

Have you lost access to the Expert Server?

1 Like

Let me say it again, the lines in the light gray area mean nothing. Look at the mini comms bar on the left. There are two purple messages then a yellow, then the dark gay/black has the original aerobatics maneuver warning. You can’t get an aerobatics maneuver warning on the ground, which is what the light gray of the bar represents.

1 Like

No, I haven’t.

1 Like

I can see two pink messages (the application deactivating and activating) and then two yellow messages (a taxi speed and acrobatics warning)

Oh then I wouldn’t stress about it. I got an Aerobotics warning before but didn’t get violated it should have given you 20 seconds.

1 Like

@dca.iad.aviation Ah hang on - they are two different warnings - which won’t necessarily be 20 seconds apart - its only between two of the same warnings is that its 20 seconds.

Here is a diagram

1 Like

What was the violation actually for - taxi speed or acrobatics

It was for aerobatics

I would try to have this reversed.

1 Like