Aerial Refueling (KC-10)

With the MD11 coming soon, how cool would it be to have a KC-10 & be able to conduct aerial refueling?

All military & US government aircraft in IF that have aerial refueling capability in real life would be able to refuel from KC-10. There would also be a camera view for the boom operator on KC-10 & the ability to guide the boom and control fuel flow (you can put your KC-10 on autopilot before switching to this view).

Feel free to comment!

Nice idea, but imagine the chaos of TS1 pilots randomly attempting to refuel random aircraft and stuff. Not going to work.

6 Likes

What are"TS1 pilots"?

They are pilots that are Grade 1 or 2 and fly on TS1

1 Like

Gotcha thanks a lot.

@Aussie_Wombat @mrpidgeon An idea i have is to restrict aerial refueling to other than TS1 and single player.

FDS can create 2 types of aerial refueling missions for single player: one where you can practice getting refueled and the other where you can practice refueling aircraft as boom operator.

7 Likes

Missions would be cool.

3 Likes

In terms of missions, yeah. Having a successful aerobatic team in mind, I can tell that it takes a lot of dedication and skill to fly that close together. All of that without communication is pretty impossible. So its a no from me.

5 Likes

Perfectly fits with Aerosync’s operating mode

4 Likes

What about if it automatically connects once you are nearby, the autopilot does it?

1 Like

Sorta like a snap feature. Would be good but it wouldn’t be very realistic so…

Second this. It is insanely tough to train some people on how to fly like that

I miss the missions. Maybe they could make a comeback with the next update?

1 Like

I totally agree that there would have to be communication options. Just as we have ATC in Live, you would have an entire slew of tanker-receiver communications messages that you can pick from.

Totally agree. There would certainly need to be a tutorial for both receivers & boom operators. I’d recommend FDS create a flight lesson for aerial refueling.

I don’t think this would work because 1. There would be trolls who would be like: hey can have some fuel? My destination is only half an hour away… other guy: yeh sure, * flies up to the plane * SIKE! See you later! 2. I’m pretty sure It would envolve a lot of coding.

1 Like

I really like this idea. I think the military groups would have a lot of fun with this!

4 Likes

I doubt Infinite Flight would ever add this. There’s just some things that don’t fit into this sim.

Read again, I’m pretty sure it won’t happen @NetJets_Nick

That woud be realy cool! I voted for it:-)

There won’t be many troll if you don’t give them the idea! How is it trolling if you want to refuel on a 30 minute flight? I don’t see a problem with it. Yes, it may not be realistic totally, but still every feature brought to IF will bring trolls with it.

2 Likes