Aer Lingus VA - 80 Years at EIDW Event

On the 19 January, 1940, Dublin Airport was officially opened when an Aer Lingus Lockheed 14 aircraft departed Dublin for Liverpool at 09:00, the aircraft having been positioned over from Baldonnel Aerodrome the previous evening. To mark this special occasion and historic date in the Aer Lingus calendar, at Aer Lingus VA we decided to throw a special event, paying tribute to that day in 1940…

To make things a little interesting we opted to recreate that first route, by carrying out a touch and go at Liverpool, before returning to Dublin.

Route Information

Departure Airport: Dublin (EIDW)
Touch & Go: Liverpool (EGGP)
Arrival Airport: Dublin (EIDW)
Aircraft: A320-200 (Aer Lingus 2019)
Duration: 1:00
Server: Expert

26 Likes

Amazing event, really had a fantastic time flying with you guys today. I honestly am so proud to be apart of such an amazing VA ☘️ 🇮🇪 ✈️

5 Likes

Amazing pictures from one of the best VAs!

5 Likes

That is a huge milestone for any airline — 80 years! And to see that flight recreated in IF, is just really cool. Great way to celebrate 80 years of Aer Lingus.

6 Likes

So proud to be apart of this va, really nice flight lads🇮🇪🇮🇪☘️☘️

5 Likes

I’d recommend this va for everyone it is just brilliant such an amazing community a brilliant CEO who cares about his community and always willing to help so glad I joined🇮🇪🇮🇪☘️☘️

5 Likes

Was a huge shame I couldn’t join this morning but what a brilliant celebration for 80 years since Dublin Airport was opened ☘✈ Proud to be part of a brilliant VA and most importantly with great Crew members 😀

5 Likes

beautiful green colors, love it !

4 Likes

That event looks very nice, great job on the pics too😃

3 Likes

I agree…

3 Likes

Wow. Amazing. Cheers to Aer Lingus.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @lhogan106!!

3 Likes

Thanks very much @Nicholas_Henry! I appreciate it!

2 Likes