Aer Lingus Starting Flights to MSP in 2019!

Aer Lingus will start flying between Dublin and Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport on July 8th, 2019. As a regular spotter at MSP, I’m super excited that they are expanding their US market to include Minneapolis.
Here’s an article about it: http://www.startribune.com/aer-lingus-to-launch-nonstop-flights-between-dublin-and-msp/493062871/

7 Likes

Darn it! Enjoy that I suppose. Apparently we were on that list, so hopefully that explains my frustration…

Glad you all, and our friends in Montreal got the route!

4 Likes

I heard that Norwegian is looking at starting more flights to the US, maybe you will be lucky. I was kind of surprised that Montréal didn’t get it sooner.

2 Likes

Well Norwegian would be from London which we just got.

1 Like

And I don’t think Norwegian wants to compete in a relatively small market with BA…

1 Like

Nice news for MSP
still hoping one world partners will fly to CLT
BA used to fly to us but terminated service

1 Like

No reason to. Codeshares with American are strong with the European carriers. They just codeshare on AAs routes to Europe.

3 Likes

This will be great to see! I love going to the viewing area at MSP in between all of the runways. Favorite place in the city.

2 Likes

Wow, never expected MSP to get any other airlines other than maybe an asian airline and more Delta routes. Always nice to see the home town airport growing!

1 Like

They could also easily start Barcelona to KPIT if they had the aircraft…

1 Like

I suppose, that doesn’t seem to have the damand Dublin, or London does…

2 Likes

YESSSSS!!!
Finally a new international airline coming to MSP!!
I’ve been waiting so long for a new carrier at MSP and finally we’re getting one!

1 Like

Awesome! I told my mom about it and said we need to start planning a trip to Dublin next year!!

2 Likes

If I make being honest I’m glad they didn’t go to PIT. Once US Airways ceased to exist PIT kind of went downhill and became a less major airport. Fields in the northeast like MSP, DTW, ORD, and MKE deserve the traffic more than PIT.

4 Likes

Still waiting for UA’s new euro destination from DEN !!

You and me both haha. I’m waiting for Airlines like Emirates and Qatar to come. Maybe one day.

3 Likes

And I’m here in Nashville just happy with the 5 weekly BA flights to EGLL on the 787. Just dreaming of the day we get more heavy traffic

And With that new terminal in MSY going up and being completed in February, I’ll bet they’ll get more heavy traffic. They’ve already succeeded with British Airways to London and Condor Airlines to Frankfurt.

The only thing is that they’re flying the 757, not the A330, so there’ll be less seats.

1 Like

Waits for Delta Airlines to announce KMSP-EIDW

3 Likes