Aer Lingus New livery and Rebranding 2019

Good news! Also Aerlingus thinks on planning to invest on a new aircraft, the A350. Not today, but some time. That is also ahead of the New Aircraft and livery rebranding. Not to forget Dublin Airport in growing very well; The new ‘North’ runway is beginning its construction, the new bigger and modern control tower is almost done, New routes from different airlines, Terminal 3 planning, more Lounges including Spa and Showers and so on…

I hope good luck for the future of Ireland.☘️ ;)

2 Likes

Yes it does! Look’s like the newest livery for QF… Just different colours…

1 Like

I question, why are sooo many airlines in the world going for a white fuselage and a coloured tail? Why??? 🤔

Cost is a factor most likely

Ok? So we just guess?

First glimpse only 30 minutes until Aer Lingus go live for there reveal can be viewed on Facebook and YouTube the reasoning for this livery with loads of white it will be easier for them to transition aircraft from leasing company if they need to be changed for mechanical reasons. image

3 Likes

Lufthansa #2 is Confirmed

1 Like

It looks very similar to Qantas’ livery

1 Like

It is similar to both (if we’re talking about the shape in the back, several aircraft have that, even American planes, like Frontier)

1 Like

I’m so disappointed in Aer Lingus and all these other carriers adopting a simple livery. Sure, it’s for cost, but where has the thoughtfulness gone? American gets rid of Vignelli’s livery for a crappy, overly modern one. Qantas over stylizes the 'Roo, and likely for cost reasons as well. Lufthansa has one of the worst rebrands I’ve ever seen, with that stupid blue strip! There’s nothing unique about it! Look at Iberia and Aer Lingus, same thing! If BA introduces a likely rebrand on their A350-1000s that looks like THIS, I’ll lose all hope for any change in unique liveries.

4 Likes

We need some uniqueness like the Southwest Canyon Blue to Heart Livery, or the American, or Delta, the list goes on of good rebrandings and in the livestream they said they used the same company that Rembranded all of these company’s, so I’m disappointed that an iconic plane will now look like your everyday plane

Video by DJ’s Aviation regarding the newest livery news.
I personally don’t mind that it copies other airlines slightly. I love how bold the design on the tail is, and I feel it stands out really well.

I’ll quote something said in the comments of that video that I really agree with:
“The old livery was getting quite tired and a little out of date, I like the tail logo on this new one. It’s bold and stands out, quite boldly like the American Airlines tail and the Qantas kangaroo.”

2 Likes

Close to a prototype I made a while back

Mine

Theirs
Aer-Lingus-Airbus-A330-new-livery-800x411

3 Likes

I kind of miss the old look but I don’t know if it’s just me I quite like the new livery despite being a direct copy of previous liveries like Qantas and Lufthansa.

2 Likes

I thought they already did? I think they postponed it

First to copy was WestJet, now Aer Lingus, who’s next?

1 Like

I know people inside the company they have heard from the top guys they said that it’s a business move.They said they kept it simple because if they want to lease aircraft from the banks if the A330 at the moment has mechanical issues which needs to be replaced they can make a quick transition becuase as far as I know they come in factory generic white there’s not much work needed to get them back in the air when they get them off the aircraft leasing company’s.

Ok that is 10x better than the previous bland one I love it! A lot better than they expected in a way it kinda reminds me of Alitalia’s switch to their bland old livery to the new fresh one. The two new livery’s and old livery’s look kinda similar in design (not colors and flags obviously)

2 Likes

Okay so Lufthansa New, WestJet New, Qantas New, and to an extent Alaska New all have this livery pattern and it looks really good on them. However, this weird turquoise bluish-green and green combo looks horrific and then you have the same ugly turquoise on the engines and winglets and it’s disgusting. I really hope this livery grows on me like LH New but for right now it’s downright terrible.

2 Likes

I think I like your prototype better than what the airline has planned…

1 Like