Aer Lingus New livery and Rebranding 2019

So it was announced not that long ago that Aer Lingus will receive a new livery after 25 years of the same until now they will receive there first rebranding livery on the A320 getting rid of the retro livery and they will be receiving there first A321LR serving the new routes Minneapolis St. Paul and Montreal from Dublin in April so it’s a exciting year ahead what’s your views on the change and what would ye like to see as the new livery enters service this month I don’t really know what to think about it because it will be a huge change for me having been so used to the old one I will miss it a lot ☘️.
here’s a very good video of DJs aviation explaining the change Aer Lingus 2019
image Credits Irishmirror.ie

8 Likes

Why are they getting rid of the retro livery?! I even saw it once while in Dublin 2 years ago

1 Like

IAG wanted them to change that one I’m in a Dublin spotters group on Facebook they aren’t happy about that one as being the launch of the the livery this month I loved that one as well

1 Like

The A321LR to MSP? I thought it was the 757. I’ll be sure to try to spot the new livery when it drops by in April.

2 Likes

Yes receiving them in April the service will start in July they will be replacing the 757 with the 4 they ordered 😊 @Aceorbit

2 Likes

There is some more here, it was discussed quite a bit a few months back:

Can be closed if needed up to the mods tough I have included more info

I am all the way on the other side of the world in Australia… We never see any of Aer Lingus’ planes, but I’d be interested in seeing the NEW livery! Can’t wait! Greetings from Sydney, Australia!

1 Like

work has started on the retro 👋🏻😢

4 Likes

Rumour has is they are going for a euro white body and green tail. If that’s true, then shame on IAG for killing one of the most recognisable livery’s in the world.

6 Likes

Yeah it looks herrrendous

Update Here’s a leak that ASL accidentally released on a safety card that was posted this afternoon the reveal is tomorrow. Aer Lingus have decided that EI-DVM Retro livery will not be shown off in the new livery after a petition was approved by Aer Lingus that they won’t get rid of it. I personally think the design is very like the Lufthansa one just in different colours.

4 Likes

35 Likes

Their current livery looks way better than that generic one. I wonder why they felt the need to rebrand their livery which I personally love because there was nothing like it now.

3 Likes

Yeah nothing really screams Ireland on it like the one now as they say don’t change something if it doesn’t need changeing.

2 Likes

I feel that they just needed to modernise the old livery a tad. They didn’t need to get rid of all of the green, just modernise it.

1 Like

I thought they don’t fly the 757 anymore?

Sorry if i missed it but can somebody show me the difference between new and old? Thanks

Yeah they are still in service but eventually they will be replaced by the A321LR. Old is at the top of the thread new one has not been released yet @callum5124

1 Like

Looks like Qantas tbh. I’m not really a fan of this one.

4 Likes