Aer lingus being a launch customer of the A321XLR

What are your guys thoughts on this

In my opinion this is exciting as they are currently using their LRs for some East coast American destinations and with this addition I wonder what new routes are going to be added.

What are your opinions?

9 Likes

I see this as an absolute win!

1 Like

I love that the Irish carriers get to be the launch customer!

2 Likes

Same I’m very excited for this

This is good for future options, allows extremely thin routes that weren’t possible before. There is however, a surprising amount of people who know nothing about aircraft or the aviation industry in general, and this growing trend of smaller planes on longer routes will create a bad name for these airlines.

1 Like

Yeah even before the LRs and XLRs, Aer lingus was meant to receive 9 A350s however since Aer lingus is owned by IAG they transfered the 9 to Iberia (another airline in the IAG Group) , in my opinion is very sad the airline even made a video called a glimpse into the future but they never received them

A321XLR at least hoping they’ll receive the plane this time.

1 Like

I’m Irish and I can’t wait to see Aer Lingus be the very first XLR custom

1 Like

Justice for only long haul aircraft across the pond ✊

This will only be a win if they fly them to SLC. Seeing is winning

2 Likes

This is very good for them. They will be able to fly to some more US cities that don’t need an A330

fly to orf and rdu and ric if they can go to bdl

i know they can’t just Snap!, and do that. i just wish they did. don’t get mad guys please but i thinks this is cool Aer Lingus W

1 Like

Aer Lingus is relaunching service to MSP from DUB, with the A333 for the time being. Maybe they’ll send the A321XLR at some point, who knows? I’m quite certain IcelandAir will, when they phase out their 757s.

1 Like

Icelandair will forever remain the legend of the 757. They even used to fly to Tampa a few years back with 737s.

Hopefully we need new routes

These could be the new routes the A321XLR can operate
DUB-PHX
DUB-MCI
DUB-TPA
DUB-SLC
DUB-OAK
DUB-YVR
DUB-YYC
DUB-LAS
DUB-MSP (It has been confirmed MSP will be changing to the XLR winter 2024)
DUB-IAH

1 Like

I won’t lie I think with the addition of these planes, is one of the best decision that aer lingus did,
I’m really excited

As well as Dublin having preclearance you will just simply walk out of the airport when you land also if these are the routes that they can do with the XLR imagine the ones they can do if IAG didn’t transfer the a350s to Iberia possibly could be expanding to a new continent

1 Like

Happy cake day @RagonDragon!!

1 Like

I agree like Aer Lingus flew to Dubai with the A330 before back in 2006 but had to pull the plug on the route in 2008 due to the Irish financial crisis

1 Like

Never knew they flew to Dubai, yeah but the financial crisis was tough

Where did you see that?

1 Like