Aer lingus has tonight taken delivery of its first A321LRs. This is one of 14 orders to be delivered. It touched down on Runway 28 at approximately 20:30.
When is the inargrual flight?
The inargural flight for the A321LR is to Hartford on the 2nd of August 2019.
What Routes is it set to fly
Aer Lingus has updated their schedule to reflect additional A321LR routes. Aer Lingus plans on flying their A321LR on the following transatlantic routes:
- Between Dublin and Hartford as of August 2, 2019
- Between Shannon and Boston as of October 27, 2019
- Between Dublin and Washington Dulles as of October 29, 2019 (not daily, alternating with an A330)
- Between Dublin and Philadelphia as of November 1, 2019 (not daily, alternating with an A330)
- Between Dublin and Newark between February 13 and March 10, 2020 (not daily, alternating with an A330
I’d note that these plans are subject to change
There will be 186 economy seats and 16 business class seats. The A321LRs will feature lie-flat seats in business class. This will be in a staggered configuration and is similar to the product already on many of Aer Lingus’ long-haul fleet.
A321LR Business Class.
Photo Credit: Martina Hastings