Aer lingus A321LR Delivery

Aer lingus has tonight taken delivery of its first A321LRs. This is one of 14 orders to be delivered. It touched down on Runway 28 at approximately 20:30.

When is the inargrual flight?

The inargural flight for the A321LR is to Hartford on the 2nd of August 2019.

What Routes is it set to fly

Aer Lingus has updated their schedule to reflect additional A321LR routes. Aer Lingus plans on flying their A321LR on the following transatlantic routes:

• Between Dublin and Hartford as of August 2, 2019
  • Between Shannon and Boston as of October 27, 2019
  • Between Dublin and Washington Dulles as of October 29, 2019 (not daily, alternating with an A330)
  • Between Dublin and Philadelphia as of November 1, 2019 (not daily, alternating with an A330)
  • Between Dublin and Newark between February 13 and March 10, 2020 (not daily, alternating with an A330

I’d note that these plans are subject to change

Configuration

There will be 186 economy seats and 16 business class seats. The A321LRs will feature lie-flat seats in business class. This will be in a staggered configuration and is similar to the product already on many of Aer Lingus’ long-haul fleet.

20190726_215505 A321LR Business Class.

Photos

Photo of Economy Class

20190726_214017 Photo Credit: Martina Hastings

18 Likes

Wow! Very exciting moment! 😊 Cabin layout seems ok

3 Likes

Yep but it wouldnt be my choice of aircraft to fly trans atlantic

2 Likes

That interior looks awesome! @Kuba_Jaroszczyk Might wanna hop in that babe someday

4 Likes

Really like their livery. Looks bold!

Certainly happy to see a new extension of the A321 family to Aer Lingus. I’d wish to test out their transatlantic routes with them one day. ☘️

Most importantly, I hope the fresh new deliveries will become profitable over the next few years.

2 Likes

Hoping to see one of these at Philadelphia. They currently use a 757 here. Can’t wait for the A330 also

2 Likes

It looks very nice to be honest. I like the new Aer Lingus livery on the A21L. Also the seats look quite nice

2 Likes

Yep different from the a320 family

1 Like

Aer lingus will not be getting the a350s. The IAG group has sent the order to Iberia instead. They will be getting the LRS and the XLRs instead

1 Like

According to websites, they did of course but not all of them were leased to iBeria. Only a few aircrafts are still remaining on the order list. Although I am not expecting to see it anytime soon or later.

It was said Aer lingus are NOT getting any A350s at all and they were all shipped to Iberia. Some websites are not updated. I wouldve loved the A350s but its a shame they are not getting them

2 Likes

I saw a Go Around from it at EDDH

2 Likes

Does anyone have more photos of the A321 C class?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.