Advice- Just finished first long haul

Hi Guys!
I’m new on here. I’m finishing my multi commercial in real life, so I discovered infinite flight and thought- how cool! I just finished my first long haul flight from LAX to Osaka. I let my iPad sit there all day. Any advice on how to make the flights give me more XP? Again, new here, so I appreciate any help. Thanks guys!

5 Likes

Hey, welcome and congrats on your first long haul!
There’s nothing you can actually do to make you get more XP. The more flight time, the more XP. Nothing you can adjust in flight to get more XP. Hope this helps!

5 Likes

The only things that give you more XP is flying longer and doing more landings. I’m not sure if the amount of XP differs per server, but if it does, then that might also help.

3 Likes

I like gaining XP by flying loops between Denver’s parallel runways with a GA aircraft. Also, doing patterns at windy airports like Wellington will give you bonus XP. Have fun!

2 Likes

Didn’t know about the x-wind make it different! Thanks!

1 Like

I’m also fairly sure low visibility airports get you more XP. You’d need to confirm that though.

1 Like

Cool. It’ll help me keep instrument current in real life! 😉

1 Like

Hello! Welcome to the community! I hope you enjoy it here!

As the others have said, depending on the winds, that can give you more XP. A way to get XP fast, is go to an airport with intersecting runways I then takeoff on one, and then land on the other, to grind up landings and get XP faster!

1 Like

Great idea. Heck, even two airports real close together and fly between those do touch n goes, back n forth

1 Like

I do tight turns between and touch and goes on KDEN runways 34L and 34R. Each touchdown is counted surprisingly. Just remember to allow all wheels to touch the runway and slow down a little.

1 Like

and 30 seconds between tngs

1 Like

I’ve never had to do that. I’ve counted my landings while doing maybe 10 seconds between each one and they were all counted and I moved up to Grade 4. I did no more than required to move up.

2 Likes

Hmm, was it before the X-cub update because I believe it was added then.

1 Like

Oh that’s a shame, yes it was.

1 Like

Landings will always be a much bigger problem than XP.

One quick way to boost XP if you need it is fly to PANC from KLAX.

The weather in the way is usually horrid, landings are nearly always windy.

2 Likes

To get more XP, you could take a longer route but that would get you only about 100-300 more XP

1 Like

To get more XP take f-14 spawn in KORD
In 30 Minutes you have 50 Landings with over 8.000 XP

1 Like

50 landings will give you 8000?

1 Like

Yeah Easy !

1 Like

I take evertime f-14 and make Landings in KORD f-14 is Really fast and you Can reach Many Landings in 20-30 Minutes.

1 Like