Advice for long haul

Hello, I think buy an IF pro this week and before I would have some advices for long haul flights. I’m a controller player and if there is some controller player (PlayStation, Xbox) I would like what do you do for keep on your controller all flight ?

PS: all advices are accepted here. Thanks

I’m not a controller player in any way so can’t give advice on that part but, here are some tips I would personally recommend device wise:

• Not being in any external view for a long period of time during the flight. Basically recommend cockpit view majority of the flight. Camera pointing down so scenery doesn’t have to be constantly loading in.

• Turning/Keeping your brightness down.

• Not maxing out graphics if you are.

• Not putting your device on something that will make it overhead and shutoff in any way.

Those are some of my personal tips.

2 Likes

That’s not what the topic is about. OP is asking about how to keep the controller on.

2 Likes

As you know, I am a controller player. This is what I do to keep it on: nothing. I have tried putting Tape over a button but it doesn’t work. So basically you can keep your Controller on overnight.

Check out this website: How to Make Xbox Controller Not Turn Off [ ✓ Solved ] - Alvaro Trigo's Blog

Thank you guys for your advice. I learn much more things today :)

1 Like

@TheBest what do you do for long haul flight ?

Basically what I do Is I either hit a button on my controller every 10-20 minutes and that will keep it on. If it’s an overnighter, I can’t do anything, so I just get to cruise with the controller on, then I use Autopilot for the rest of the flight. I use VNAV for descent and LNAV for cruise. For landing, I just use APPR. Hope this helps @Jay237

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.