Advent calendar challenge @ CYYT - 252000ZDEC17

Christmas is coming soon and I’m sure all of you are getting excited. I’m creating this challenge for an every day excitement!

This poster is brought to you by @United-Express who kindly made it for me.

The challenge is a flight around the world in very small ga aircrafts. There are two possibilities:

1. Around the world in a Cessna 172/208
    Here’s the flight plan:
    RJTT RKSI ZLXY ZLGM ZWTM OAMS OIIE LTAG LYBE EHAM EKVG BIBD BGKK BGGH CYFB CYZS CYYL CYZF CYXY PANC PABE UHMA UHPL UHSS RJTT
    (14861nm)

1. Around the world in a cirrus
    Here’s the flight plan:
    CYYT LPFL LPPT DAUI DNKN HSNN HADR OOSA VAJM BECC VVNB ZSNB UHWW UHSS UHPP PADK PADQ CYZT KNLC MMCL MMTG MPPA TJSJ TXKF CYYT
    (22263nm

Both flight plans are in 24 steps. One a day until Christmas!!! The cirrus one is really challenging as you will be landing with nearly no fuel. Actually if you weren’t good with the v/s you’ll land with no fuel!!

On the 25 of December there will be a gathering of all the planes in CYYT at 2000ZULU.
Please ask for a gate.
Gate1. @Captain_Zen
Gate2. @HockeyMan06
Gate3. @United-Express
Gate4. @ratul_sen

You may do the flight at whatever time of the day.
GOOD LUCK!!!

8 Likes

Sounds cool, I might come
Also, I think this should go in #live:events

2 Likes

Funny you say this.
How to explain… yesterday I already made this topic but I kind a lost it for some reason just like all of my answers on other topics. I know it’s weird. Anyway a regular moved it for me to live instead of events since it has no time so the title wouldn’t be correct.

2 Likes

There’s your time…?

I suppose… I’ll change it again so

1 Like

Thanks for changing it!

1 Like

All good. Hope you have a successful event

1 Like

That was me. Now this is better since you actually have a starting point as well as a starting time. :)

Best of luck with this event!

1 Like

Sign me up! I’m in Cessna 208

1 Like

Oh heck yes! A flight that will take a week lol.

1 Like

This is a really neat idea for a challenge. Can we accumulate them if we can’t fly a day (eg miss 2nd, do legs 2 and 3 on 3rd December)

1 Like

Yes that’s what I’m doing I’ll even be doing three in a day

The cirrus on is about 100 hours and the Cessna 172 one is about 80 hours

1 Like

update:
Seems I under estimated the cirrus. I just completed the longest part of the tour and I stil had lots of fuel left🤦‍♂️And that was with 30kts headwind all the time and speed at 199 even tough it is made to cruise at 183!

Hard landing with 30kts!

1 Like

I also arrived at the perfect time look at the moon!!

3 Likes

I haven’t started yet, will have to do two tomorrow

Soooo, everyday we have to fly. Well, I wish I could but I’ve got school 😞

@Captain_Zen For the Cessna 208/172 Flight plan where do you spawn?

Can we just fly anywhere we want and start anywhere we want as long as it’s in the flight plan?

Yes I think it’s easier to do like that. Start wherever you want. Although to really feel like you went around the world maybe try and spawn where you landed the time before.